Prologue

" Lopez see me in my office requested a tall man in his late fifties.
"Sure, no problem Sergeant" Now wondering what it is Grey has to say Lopez walks into his office.
"So, what did you want to talk about?"
" You're getting a partner."
"Actually?"
" Yeah, her name is Primrose Mellark"
" Okay! When does she start?"
"Tomorrow "
"Oh! This should be interesting"
"Oh and Lopez"
"yeah?"
"She has some of the best reports I've
Seen So try to make her feel welcome, and if  hangs out with you make sure Bradford doesn't scare her off. He does that with every newbie"
"I'll try my best"
"Good" Later that day Angela Lopez & a few of her friends, Nyla Harper, Jackson West, John Nolan, Tim
Bradford, and Lucy Chen are sitting at a local LA food truck site & and  talking about their day so far.
"Oh yeah and get this, I'm getting a new Partner" Angela says while bringing the Mexican food over to their table along with Jackson, who was Lopez's rookie before she became detective.
"Really?" Asks Lucy, Lucy is still technically a rookie like Jackson and Nolan, but she is as good an officer as any.
"Yeah, and I did some background research on her & check this out!" Lopez takes out her phone and hands to to Lucy.
"She has a golden ticket"?! Lucy asks in amazement.
"It took me years to get mine? how long has she been on the job?" responds Nyla
"It says 3 years" Lucy reads off the phone
"How do you get a golden ticket with only 3 years of experience?" chimes in Nolan, Nolan is Nyla's rookie.
"Oh, and get this, She has already been to the four other Stations besides coming to this one!" Lucy adds on.

"So about to a year on each job. Did She
like get fired?" Jackson adds in.
"No, promotions"
"Which stations were she at ?" Tim Bradford, Lucy's Training officer/TO finally talks .
"Uhh, NYPD, OSPD, ISPD, then she got a promotion to another ISPD station, and now here"
"Don't you think It's a little weird she's only
got 3 years on the job and has been promoted 4
times?" Tim is wondering why someone would move that much.
"I guess maybe, but I mean she did get a
golden ticket so that also says something.
Besides you thought something similar about me
when I first Came." Nyla says in defense of the
girl she'd never even met.
"Yeah, I guess you're right"
"What school/ academy did she got to?" Nolan
says trying to break the awkwardness.
"Yale law, in New Haven, Connecticut" Lucy is still reading
the information, she's basically the middle man.
"That just proves my point" Tim mumbles
"How about this, let's all just give her a chance! We don't even know her yet" Jackson says also trying to defuse the situation even more.
"Fineee" Nyla and Tim both say in semi annoyed tone but agreeing to stop "fighting" and give her a chance.