Chapter Two

As I walk into a room with desks, computers, files and more I feel a cooling sensation on my back. They have pretty decent air conditioning I'll give them that. It also helps calm my nerves a bit. I'm then greeted by the SOD or sergeant of detectives.
"I assume you're Primrose Mellark?" His voice almost reminds me of Haymitch's from back at home.
"Yes, Sergeant Caradine, correct?" I ask
"Yes, and it's a pleasure to have you on our side. I've heard a lot about you and the things you did."
"It's not that big of a deal."
"If you insist" he says sarcastically. We then walk over to a desk.
"I want you to meet your partner, Angela Lopez."Caradine says before walking away. Nice introduction. You couldn't have the decency to at least introduce us better.
"Hey! It's nice to meet you. I'm Angela Lopez" Angela seems nice. She has shoulder length silky black hair.
"Same, Primrose Mellark" I say as we shake hands.
"So, where'd you come from?" She asks.
"I transferred from Chicago" I say not wanting to get into big details.
"That's nice"
"Yeah, I guess." Just then we both see Caradine walk up to us.
"We got a double homicide on 12 Cambridge drive, you two wanna cover it?" Caradine asks us. This should be fun.
"Sure" we both say at the same time. Then Sergeant Caradine hands Lopez and I both a file for the case and we start to drive to the scene.
"So, why'd you decide to join the LAPD?"
"Well, I felt like I needed a new start, and my old boss felt like I should expand my career even though I've expanded my career 3 times prior, but, I'm pretty sure you knew that already because you'd probably checked my file already"
"How'd you know?"
"Any good detective would look at their new partners file"
"True" Lopez laughs a little and I can tell I will like working with Angela Lopez.
—————————————————
A/N: Sorry the first two chapters were a little short. Who do you think Prim's love interest will be?