𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

A/N: Before I start this chapter I just want to say I may have reduced some characters' ages by a few years for example Tim; I made him 28-ish like around that. I can't really decide if I want to change Nolan's age. I think I'll leave it the way it is tbh. But yeah.

After we solved the case Lopez asked me if I wanted to join her and a few friends for their normal lunch meet up. I figured I would say yes, even though I'm not a big people person. Besides how bad could it be.
"So how many friends are there gonna be?" I say hoping it's just one or two close friends.
"Well, there's Nyla Harper, Lucy Chen, Tim Bradford, Jackson West, and John Nolan" John, John, John Nolan that name seems vaguely familiar but I can't place where.
"John Nolan?" The name finally rings a bell. I'm pretty sure he was the guy who helped me find the DU.
"Yeah, why? Do you know him?
"Is he a 40 something year old rookie?"
"Yeah, actually. How'd you know that?"
"Earlier today when I first got to the station I couldn't find the DU, luckily I was able to stop John and he pointed me in the right direction"
"The DU?"
"Sorry, detective unit, we used to call it DU back in OSPD and ISPD" Seriously though it's simple DU; detective unit. Kinda simple to be honest. 
"Ohh, and yeah that does sound like John." Around five minutes later we arrived at the lunch place. It had a few food trucks few tables with chairs at each table. Oh and there were those fancy but yet casual lights with those wicker balls around them. They almost remind me of the lights at my uncle Mitch, and aunt Effie's anniversary party.
"Hey guys! This is my new partner I was talking about" Angela says as we walk over to the tables.
"Hey, I'm Primrose, but I go by Prim" I say trying to make it the least awkward I can.
"Hey, I'm Jackson west" I see a guy who look around the same age as me, maybe a few years older or younger.
"I'm Nyla, Nyla Harper" I feel like she seems nice, she also seems like a badass to be honest.
"Hi! I'm Lucy Chen" I noticed that Angela and Lucy looked a little alike. Lucy seems nice. For some reason she obscurely reminds me of my aunt Effie from back in my home reality. Effie isn't my real aunt but she's so close to my family she basically is.
"Bradford; Tim" Tim looks cold. I can't  interpret much from him. He looks a few years older than me possibly. I will admit he is kinda good looking but I'm not making the same mistake as before.
"Prim?" I hear my name and I'm almost surprised that John remembered my name.
"Nolan, right?"
"Yep"
"How do you guys know each other?" Bradford asks. I guess he does talk.
"Nolan helped me find the detective unit" luckily I was able to catch myself before confusing everyone by saying DU.
"Nice" Nyla says.
"So, why'd you decide to come to LA?" Lucy asks me.
"I needed a change" I saw, still trying to not get big on details.
"You needed a change?" Tim says, it was almost as if he thought I was lying; he sounded almost skeptical.
"Tim!" I hear Nyla and Lucy both say, but I could tell everyone was thinking it/wanting to yell at him.
"No, it's fine. My boss wanted to recommend me/ wanted me to move up and go to to LA but declined the offer because I liked living in LA and I liked my co-workers; but then a um close friend and I got into an argument/fight, so I took the application and applied here." Again there were some other things that happened in between but technically I wasn't lying. I kinda just omitted a few details.
"That's nice" I hear Nolan say.
"So why'd you become a defective?" Tim Bradford barges another question on me. I get that to be honest, it's good to make sure people become police/detectives for the right reasons.
"Well, a few years ago I had a friend who was treated unfairly by the police, well it was more like a section of town that was treated unfairly, just because of how it was looked and the people in it. And well I guess that drove to become a detective."
"Well that's a pretty good reason" I hear Jackson say. Then Angela and I get a message through our radios about another case and we say goodbye and drive to the case.