Chapter One

A few years ago I would have said I lost almost everything but now I have everything I could ask for; friends, family, a life. My name is Primrose Mellark and this is my story.
—————————————————

As I walk into the LAPD, Mid-Wilshire police station, I'm struck with nervousness. I've never felt nervous about something so small. I have literally shifted through multiple realities, I died, I had to help un-frame my friend, John Booker Routledge, from a murder he didn't commit; and yet here, right now I'm nervous. Why? I'm then struck out of my thoughts when I realize I don't even know where to go. I then see a a man, he looks a little old to be a police officer in my opinion but anyway, he also looks to be in his mid forties and brown hair, his brown hair almost reminds me of my friend Kol's hair. I'm luckily able to catch him right before he leaves.
"Hey, um, I'm new here and I was wondering where I could find the DU?"
"The what?" I can tell I already confused the guy.
"My bad I meant the detective unit" I say, hopefully clearing up any confusion.
"Oh , I believe it's down that hallway and to the left"
"Thanks"
"No problem, You said you're new?"
"Yeah, I got a promotion from my old
Sergeant" Well, that's not the full truth. I also needed a new start after some drama; Hope Mikaelson turning
off her humainty again, oh, and my best friend, Carl Gallagher, hates and other things.
"Oh cool, what station did you come
from?"
"Chicago PD"
"Nice, I've never actually been but I
heard some parts are nice"
"I guess you could say that" I laugh slightly due to the irony. Sure, there are some "nice" parts but they are flooded with Snotty rich people.
"Well, I better get going, I need to check in I guess."
"Yeah, I need to check in with my TO" TO? Damn. This guys a rookie?
"Well, thanks for the directions, um?"
"John, John Nolan.
"Primrose Mellark, but I go by Prim"
"Well, it was nice to meet you Prim, and No problem" He gives me a warm smile and I return the same type of smile, before walking off to go to the DU. I guess I made my first "Friend" in LA.