Tw: Violence, mean Rex.

This is a direct continuation of Villain's epilogue.

This lovely meme is courtesy of Sun-fl0w3r_

I love it, I think it's my favourite so far.

Clone troopers scrambled to where the shot had come from, per their captain's orders. They sprinted and he walked at a leisurely pace.

Kara hurried to pack up her rifle. As she tried to stuff it into the case, she glanced up to see the troopers raising their blasters, within shooting distance. So she threw the sniper rifle at them and ran away, casting a pitying look over her shoulder at them.

Clones were loyal, so why had they killed the Jedi?

Why had they joined the Empire?

Kara could've spent all week mulling it over, but focused on the movement of her legs as she pushed forwards, hiding in the forest. She climbed a tree and held her breath as the clones searching for her passed by.

Then their captain stopped at a different tree, scanning the top of it for any sign of her.

He repeats the motion with a couple other tree before getting to hers, and she made eye contact with his visor as he locked onto her.

"Why don't you come down?" he softly said. "And we can talk?"

Kara almost slipped from the tree into his arms.

Almost.

"How do I know it's really you?" Kara adjusted her hair that was simply held back by a hair tie. No braid. She hadn't had a braid since Rex had 'died'. "You could just be some weirdo who likes dressing like him."

He chuckled and removed the helmet. "I've missed this."

Kara's eyes landed on his face with the little crinkles beside his eyes, and his buzzed blonde hair. She wanted to be in his arms, knowing she was safe.

But she didn't move.

"Come down," Rex gently requested. "Then we can go home together."

Kara was no fool. "If you want to come home, then why haven't you left yet? Why are you still here?"

"I've been waiting for you." Rex glanced down at his feet before looking back up, tears brimming in his eyes. "I knew you'd come."

"I'm surprised they let you keep your paint," Kara remarked. "Every other clone I've seen looks like a shiny."

"Lord Vader has been generous," Rex said, pointing his chin to the direction they had came- the direction of the Sith. "I do as he says and he remains kind to me. It's a great deal."

"Do you really want to come back with me?" Kara asked, legs sliding out from under her to dangle freely. 

"Yes." Rex's lips quivered. "They've made me do terrible things. I've had to capture children! You remember how much I love kids."