Tw: Talk about period stuff (idk how to put it) and pregnancy? Kinda? I have no idea how to explain. Blood.

"How is this my fault?" Rex demanded and sighed, facing away from her and surveying the surroundings.

Someone gasped. "She's pregnant! With your baby!"

Rex whipped around. "TK-1003, stop-"

"Sure I've missed my last couple cycles, but that doesn't mean anything." Kara shrugged. 

Rex clutched at his chest. "Wha-"

"No, I'm not pregnant!" Kara rolled her eyes and glared at the one who had spoken. "And especially not with your kid!"

Rex frowned. "I'm relieved but also kind of insulted."

"Oh, no. Did I hurt your feelings?" Kara said, imitating his previous statement. "Because I don't give a kark."

"Okay, let's go," Rex said, irritated with her. He grabbed her arm and tugged her along. The others fell into line behind them.

"I can't believe they thought I was pregnant," Kara angrily muttered as Rex dragged her. "Do I look pregnant to you? My mom also thought I was pregnant."

"They're just idiots," Rex comfortingly said before clearing his throat. "Like you."

"Where are we going anyway? Aren't you supposed to be following me?" Kara asked, pulling her arm from his grip.

"Tell us where to go then." Rex smiled convincingly.

Kara scowled. "No."

"Then we'll keep walking for hours," Rex dramatically said. "Doing nothing but walking in silence."

"Fine!" Kara snapped. "He's... over there." She pointed to smoke in the distance. 

Rex nodded, staring out at the faint puffs of smoke. "Good. Let's go."

They began walking there, and Kara wondered who exactly was out there if this planet was such a death trap.

"Stop touching things!" Rex smacked her hand away from a bush. "Did you not see the blood on everything?"

"There isn't anything dangerous around!" Kara protested. "Do you see anything with sharp teeth?"

"It could be poisonous!" Rex scolded. "Stop that!"

Kara huffed, rolling her eyes. "Fine."

As soon as he looked away she touched the leaf, accidentally poking her finger on a thorn.

She shouted and yanked her hand away. "Motherkarker! That hurt!"

Rex pinched the bridge of his nose in exasperation. "I told you not to touch it."

"It hurts!" Kara whined, holding out her hand. "Where's Kix when you need him?"

Rex carefully examined her hand. "It's just a bit of blood. You'll be fine."

Kara shook her binders. "Can you take them off, please? I promise I won't run off. Where would I even go?"

"You think I'd fall for that?" Rex scoffed and crossed his arms. 

"It's not an act! I just want them off!" Kara pulled her wrists in opposite directions, making red marks form on them. She wanted to scream. She wanted to hide and bury herself until he was gone and everything was back to normal; back to before she had met him.

He must've seen the desperation in her eyes, because he unlocked the cuffs, rubbing her wrists soothingly. "Better? Just don't escape, because after that there's no chance I'm taking them off again."

Kara took a step back from him. "Thank you," she stiffly said.

Rex hummed and continued walking, attaching the binders to his belt. "Are you really late on your cycle?"

"I really don't see how that's any of your business," Kara told him snarkily.

"It... sort of is," Rex hesitantly said. His brow was pinched as he gazed at her. "Depending on certain circumstances and..."

"I don't want to hear where that's going," Kara interrupted. "Just know that I'm not any of your business anymore, nor is anything that happens to me."

Rex watched a a drop of her blood fell to the dirt. "Kara, please. Please just answer."

"I am late," Kara reluctantly revealed. "I haven't had my period in a couple months."

Rex pursed his lips. "Oh."

"Yeah." Kara nodded. She rolled out her shoulders. "I took a test."

Rex wasn't sure what to say next. He settled on asking, 'and?' but with his dry mouth it came out more like, "Urrgh?"

"What the kark was that?" Kara snorted.

Rex coughed. "And?"

"I'm not pregnant. So stay out of my business." Kara pointed a finger at his face.

"Oh. Uh, good," Rex spluttered out. "Um, are you okay, though?"

"Not that it's any of your business," Kara huffed, "but I'm fine. I went on the pill and it's kinda... caused it to stop. I went to a doctor and we have a treatment plan."

Rex laced his fingers together behind his back. "Alright. Good talk."

"Believe me, if I was carrying your child you'd know," Kara said and pushed to the front of the group.

"Sir?" 

Rex glanced up. "Yes, TK-1003?"

"Why isn't she wearing binders?" he questioned.

Rex glared at him. "Don't question me."

"Yes, sir." TK-1003 saluted. "But why isn't she wearing them?"

"Shut the f-" Rex took a deep breath. "Stop talking all the time. It gets on my nerves."

"Yes, sir." TK-1003 saluted again, movements choppy.

"And stop staring at her ass." Rex glowered at him, catching the way his helmet dipped as he followed Kara with his eyes.

"Yes, sir," TK-1004 sheepishly said.

"If I catch you doing it again I'll report you," Rex threatened before storming away.

Kara walked ahead, oblivious to their exchange. She didn't pay attention to the trail of blood she was leaving behind either.