Disclaimer: Don't do what Kara does. Anytime. Ever.

"Remember, don't talk to strangers," Kara reminded Alex, putting him down. "Actually, anyone you know is probably more dangerous than a stranger. Don't talk to anyone!"

Alex giggled and pressed a finger to his lips. "Sush."

"Good. Just stay like that and I'll be back before you know it," Kara told him. She wondered whether it was safe to leave him alone before shrugging. 

He was probably fine.

Kara put a basket over his head. "Stay right here. Don't move. Don't make any sounds. I'll be back as quickly as I can. Got it?"

Alex giggled and said, "Shush!"

Kara glanced down at the basket, hesitating before walking out of the locker room.. She forced herself to go to her job, tying her hair back.

"Ready?" Her boss asked. "Because your first client is here."

Kara motioned for the customer to step onto the mat. "Get into your stance."

They got into their ready position, slightly bent at the knees. Kara nodded, satisfied. She got into her own stance and was immediately kicked in the stomach.

"I didn't say go yet," Kara weakly said as she stood up. "Wait until then."

"You looked ready," they argued.

"The customer is always right!" Kara's boss said as he walked past.

Kara forced a smile. "Apologies. Let's try this again."

"Go!" Her opponent launched themselves at her, and Kara barely dodged. They aimed a punch at her jaw, which she blocked.

"Try to not put all your force into one attack," Kara instucted, grabbing their fist as it swung at her again. "If your opponent dodges, you'll be off balance and they'll have the advantage."

Her eyes briefly glanced up, spotting Alex peeking around a corner. She got distracted, and in that moment was struck in the face.

"Wake up! Wake up!"

Kara groaned, slowly opening her eyes. "Wha- Huh?"

"The client knocked you out." Her boss scowled. "Go home. I can't have you at work with a swollen nose. It'll look like our trainers can't defend themselves."

Kara forced herself to stand. "Sorry, sir."

"Don't let it happened again," he angrily said. "And I'm keeping your pay for what you worked today since you're going home."

Kara gritted her teeth. "Okay."

"Now get out of my sight." He turned away, pasting a pleasant smile on his face as he faced the customers again. 

Kara hurried to where she had seen Alex, hastily picking him up before anyone could see him. She rushed home and placed him on the edge of his bed.

"What did I say about staying hidden?" Kara crossed her arms. "You're stupid."

Alex held a hand out. "Mad?"

"Yes I'm mad. You should know better," Kara scolded him. She stopped, tilting her head. "Or are you supposed to know better? Do you even understand what I'm saying or do I have to train you to speak?"

Alex stared blankly at her, drool dripping from the corner of his mouth.

"Time for your nap, kid." Kara grabbed the blankets and pulled them over him, turning the lights out.

It was only a one room home, so now she had to sit in the dark. Perhaps she didn't think this through.

"Apparently citizens have seen her in a nearby town. She teaches people how to fight."

Rex wrote that down, eyes flicking up to their non-clone face. "Thank you..."

"TK-1003," he responded, smirking slightly. "They stopped making clones, you know. The Empire needs soldiers."

Rex forced a smile. "Of course. I've heard of the TK troopers, but haven't met one yet. I look forward to seeing how recruits do."

TK-1003 continued his report. "Kara Madden has also been seen carrying a child around. Other than that, she has been alone."

Rex's heart stopped a beat. "A what?"

"He's referred to as 'Alex' from what people have heard," TK-1003 said.

Rex put a hand on his chest. "Thank the Maker."

TK-1003 looked puzzled. "Sir?"

Rex cleared his throat. "It's good news. We're looking for that kid. Lord Vader will be very pleased by this."

TK-1003 excused himself as Rex buried himself back into his work. Shortly after, his mind wandered to thought of the TK troopers.

If clones weren't being produced anymore, what was to say he wouldn't be replaced?

What was his loyalty to the Empire worth if it was one-sided?

As soon as the idea came to him, he banished it.

Good soldiers follow orders.

And he was a good solider.

That was all he had known, and that was all he would be.

A good soldier.

Why were his eyes burning with tears?