My irl best friend helped me write this chapter :D

Tw: Language, violence, mentions of death.

Kara was put on a bench in an otherwise empty room. It was more like a cell, actually. It was cold and silent, making it a cell. She had a lot of experience with dungeons, and this was in her top three.

It ranked very well on the basement scale too. She'd been locked in quite a few of those.

Some of her hair and fallen into her face and she couldn't fix it because her hands were still retrained behind her back. So she was constantly blowing it out before it landed right back on her face.

"Kara Madden."

She glanced up at Darth Vader, narrowing her eyes. "You."

"You tried to kill me. Why?" Vader stalked forward.

"I thought you killed Rex," Kara honestly answered. "So I was going to kill you."

"You really thought you could get away with it?" 

"What if this was all just a ploy to get into the same room as you?" Kara smirked. "Scary, huh?"

"Where is the boy?" Vader asked, clearly not amused.

"Rex? I think he left." Kara craned her next to see past him. "He dropped me off here, then disappeared with Fives. He better come back with food. I'm hungry."

"The youngling. Alex. Where is he?" Vader asked again.

"I killed him," Kara sadly told him. "He starved because I forgot he needed food."

Vader thrust out a hand, and Kara's feet lifted off the ground. She spluttered and clawed at her throat as her airway closed. 

"I won't repeat myself. Where is he?"

"S-Seems like you've already repeated yourself." Kara coughed. He released her and she fell to her knees, the edges of her vision turning black. "Aw, damn."

"What?" Vader angrily said. "What could it possibly be now?"

"I-I think I'm having an asthma attack," Kara wheezed, coughing again.

"So?"

"S-so I'm going to die!" Kara tried taking bigger breaths, only to descend into a coughing fit.

"I'll get a doctor." Vader sighed through his modulator. He exited, his cape swishing dramatically behind him.

Kara straightened, laughing softly. "Idiot."

He had even left the door unlocked, assuming she was too busy dying to escape.

So Kara ran out the door, only a bit dizzy due to the lack of air. She probably looked like a fool sprinting down the hallways with her hands cuffed behind her back, but what did she care? Escape was more important

She found a large set of doors and figured it was the way outside. She stepped through-

And was greeted by a cafeteria filled with troopers.

The ones closest to her awkwardly stared at her. She smiled and backed away.

"What are you doing?"

She had backed right up into someone.

"Son of a bitch," Kara cursed, muttering angrily.

He grabbed her by the shoulders and twirled her around to face him. She furiously looked into the helmet he was wearing, glaring at him.

Rex crossed his arms. "How did you get out?"

"Uh, I asked nicely?" Kara hesitantly replied.

"Why don't I believe you?"

"Not my problem." Kara shrugged and tried to pass by him, only for him to hold out an arm. She huffed. "Do you really want me to beat you up?"

"What makes you think you can? You're wearing binders," Rex pointed out reasonably. "I'd feel bad if I killed a defenceless prisoner."

"Would you?" Kara doubtfully said.

Rex put a hand on her back and pushed her down the hallway. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I don't think you're a good person anymore," Kara pleasantly said. "You're a horrible person who deserves to die in a hole."

"And what makes you say that?" Rex asked in amusement. 

"You hurt my feelings," Kara grumbled. "You used me and now I hate you."

"Oh, no. I hurt your feelings?" Rex mockingly said. 

"Yes you did you mother-" Kara was cut off as he clamped a hand over her mouth.

"I don't care if I hurt your precious feelings. It doesn't matter. All that matters is that we find Alex, then we can dispose of you since you're annoying." Rex removed his hand and gave her a shove in the direction of her cell.

"I feel so loved," Kara said sarcastically. She gave him a halfhearted kick before walking. 

"I'm breaking up with you, if that isn't obvious. We never officially broke up, but now we are," Rex told her blankly. 

Kara blinked at him in surprise. "I assumed we broke up already."

"We hadn't. But now we have." Rex shoved her again and she tripped over her feet, landing on her side.

"What was that for?" Kara demanded and winced.

"You weren't moving fast enough," Rex simply said. "Now get up."

Kara pursed her lips but did as he ordered, making sure to stand up as slowly as possible. "Who's alive?"

"What do you mean?"

"Which of the 501st survived the events at the temple?" Kara asked, gazing over her shoulder at him.

"Me, Fives, and Echo," Rex responded. 

"None of the others? The rest of the 501st died?" Kara softly said.

"No, but you wouldn't know the rest. Kix is alive too, but he refused to join the Empire and went his separate way," Rex coldly said. 

"Good for him!" Kara earnestly said. "I'm glad he did it!"

"Get back in your cell," Rex ordered once they arrived, opening the door for her. 

Kara stuck her tongue out at him, going down the steps into the cell. Vader stood stiffly, staring down at her. 

"You're going to be very sorry you did that," Vader threatened, raising a hand. "Tell me, where is the boy?"

Kara was choked again, desperately trying to take air in. She was starting to feel faint as the world dimmed. "F-Fine! You win!"

She fell to the ground and gasped, chest heaving as she took in as much air as she could.

"Where is he?" Vader asked.

Rex looked away.

"I- I left him with Ahsoka." A tear slipped down Kara's face. "On a planet in the outer rim. I left them there so I could kill you, then I was supposed to return."

Vader swiftly exited the cell, glancing down at Rex. "I'll be sending a team to retrieve him that will take her."

"Sir, can I go?" Rex requested.

"Absolutely not. I do not want you and her together," Vader immediately said. "Captain, I have been lenient with you, but if you so much as breathe in her direction, I will snap your neck."

"But the Padawan will be there!" Rex protested. "I know her and her strengths! I know her weaknesses! I can help, sir!"

"Very well. But if I get word that you so much as smile at her, I will kill her and make you watch as the light fades from her eyes."

Rex nodded. "Of course, sir. And nothing will happen."

"It better not," Vader icily said before striding away.