Hungry--Standup!

You held on tight to Toji's waist as he rode through the prairie. You kept your hand on your hat as your hair flowed in the wind.

Suddenly, Toji pulled the horse to a halt, causing some dirt to fly up in your faces. You took your fan and fanned the dust away from your face.

"Why'd we stop, Toji sir?" you looked around and noticed a large herd of wild buffalo.

"Target practice." He hopped down from his horse and lifted you off by the waist. He shoved your brother's fancy gun in your arms. "And I'm hungry."

He took the gun and loaded it for you, before setting it back in your arms. "Let's see what you got missy."

You nodded, and stood up straight with your feet together. And aimed the gun with the butt on your cheek.

"Jeez Darlin'! That's dangerous!" He was quick to push the gun down. "You ain't even close to being right! It's a wonder you haven't busted straight through your jaw bone!"

You were startled, and definitely shaken. He noticed and sighed.

He took his foot and kicked your left foot, "Spread your legs darlin'. It'll help with balance."

You spread your legs slightly.

"Now don't keep that gun butt at your cheek, you want it restin' in your shoulder. Now just relax, and shoot."

You nodded. You still tried to shoot, but the kickback was way to much. You fell on your butt, sending a bullet up.

He sighed and shook his head. He helped you up. "Try again."

You tried again, only to be thrown off balance. "Well shucks! I just can't get the hang of this thing!"

"You gotta stay relaxed. You're tensing up and pushing the butt of that gun way to far into your shoulder."

You stood up and tried again. You only fell again.

Toji just shook his head and sighed. "We'll try again later. I don't wanna run out of ammo." Toji took aim, and easily shot one of the buffalo. He ran to get it, and brought it back over, and began cooking it.

As you ate, you sat on the floor next to Toji, eating slowly.

"Don't sweat it darlin'. I wasn't too good either when I first started. I didn't get great until I watched Buffalo Bill Cody. One of the best sharpshooters in the whole west."

"Oh yeah, my brother has one of his show posters up on his wall."

"Say...that might just be what you need!" Toji smirked.

"I watch men shoot all day everyday, Toji sir! This won't be any different--"

"Every seen a lady like yourself shoot?" Toji looked over at you.

You stopped and looked up at him, "No sir."

"Well, ever heard of Oakley?"

"No sir."

"You heard of Buffalo Bill, but not Annie Oakley? The main attraction in all of Buffalo Bill's shows? The best sharpshooter the west has ever seen? Five foot cannon of a lady? You never heard of her?"

"My brother never let me go to any of the shows with him. He said it was no place for a lady."

"I'll bet he watched Annie Oakley shoot. She's full of talent. Only started performing a year ago though."

"That might be why he hasn't been to one in over a year." you looked down at your food.

"I heard the next Buffalo Bill show is just a train station away. We'll get some train tickets, and I'll get my buddy to get us some tickets. He knows all sorts of Business men that can get him anything."

"Business men?"

"Men like Leland Stanford!"

"By golly! Leland Stanford? As in organizer of the Transcontinental Railroad?"

"Yes darlin'!"

"Well, tell your friend to get us tickets! I wanna see me some Annie Oakley!" You stood up and jumped.

Toji chuckled, "Don't worry your pretty little face. We'll get you shootin' better than your brother in no-time."

----------------

The bell to Mrs. Tucker's tailor shop rang. "Hello, how may I help ya--"

"HANDS UP! THIS IS A STAND UP!"

Mrs. Tucker squealed and threw her hands up. "I don't have any money! I just dropped it at the bank!"

"We don't want the money. Where's my sister?" Gojo pointed his gun right at Mrs. Tucker.

Mrs. Tucker squealed, "I dunno! She wasn't here!"

"Lyin' ain't gonna sit well with the pastor, Mrs. Elizabeth Tucker." Geto threw your old dress onto the table. "Found it in the back."

Gojo's eyes widened. "The bastard probably made her wear something fit for a prostitute." He spat on the floor.

Geto grabbed Mrs. Tucker by the collar of her dress and threw her on the floor.

"A lyin' woman is a useless woman I say. Especially at your age Mrs. Tucker." Gojo put his foot on her back.

Geto shook his head, "What would your husband say?"

"My husband is with the Lord!"

"And you won't be after a lie like that. Puttin' a young lady like my sister in danger."

Geto nodded towards the window. "I see 'em!"

Gojo ran over, and noticed the cloud of dust. "Well, let's go!"

The boys ran out to get on their horses, only to find some teenagers stealing them. One shouted, "That man sure did pay well for this!"

Gojo glared, and grabbed the "Wanted" poster of the Black Bandit and crumbled it up and threw it. "The bastard thinks he can get away with this!"