The Chase

The horse was quick to bolt off into the country side.

Geto steered the horse, with Gojo taking aim.

He pulled the trigger, but Toji veered his horse out of the way just in time.

Toji took aim, and shot a hole right through Geto's hat, causing it to fly off.

Toji laughed, and pulled his horse to turn along a the edge of a wood.

Gojo took aim again, and hit the horse's saddle bags, causing them to fall off. Toji chuckled as the horse began to go faster.

"Just done dug yerself a grave mister Gojo!"

Gojo glared and took another shot, making the bullet graze Toji's ear. He hissed in pain.

"Toji sir!"

"Don't you worry your pretty little head darlin', I'll be fine--Oh son of a gun!" Toji was quick to notice the approaching cliff.

"Toji sir! What are we gonna do?!" You squealed.

Toji hit the reigns, "We're gonna do somethin' crazy, darlin'."

"You don't mean---"

"You know exactly what I mean."

He continued to hit the reigns, forcing the horse to speed up.

He shoved the gun in your hand. "There's a crack in the ground right where the cliff is. I need ya' to aim and shoot right in the crack right as we jump."

"But Toji sir--"

"No buts! You really gonna let yer shit of a brother tell ya' that ya' can't be just good at aimin' as him? We ain't ever gonna outrun these men if you can't trust yer own talent and just do it. Ya' saw Annie Oakley. Do what I know ya' can, and just aim and shoot. Don't let yer brother tell ya' how to be a lady. You tell yer brother how to be a lady!"

Toji's words set you off. He was right. If you ever wanted to be good, you had to realize the only thing holding you back was the fear of your brother.

"Toji sir, do it."

"Atta girl!" Toji hit the horse's reigns one more time.

"What in God's green earth are those folks doin'?!" Gojo stared in shock, as Geto looked back at him.

"I can't believe it..."

Toji's horse kicked off of the very edge of the cliff, sending it launching forward. As the horse jumped, you were quick to cock the gun, aim, and pull the trigger.

The bullet went straight down the crack in the floor, and Toji's horse landed just barely on the other side of the cliff.

"Well shit."

The entire cliff rumbled, causing an avalanche of rocks to flow down the canyon. Geto pulled the horse to a stop as You and Toji rode on.

"I did it Toji sir!"

"Ya' damn right ya' did!"

Toji laughed as you smiled bigger than you ever had in your entire life.

Gojo and Geto stared in shock.

"What are we gonna do now?"

Gojo took a deep breath and sighed.

Geto only looked back at his best friend.

"My sister is on her own now. She don't need me to keep her safe."

"So? What are ya' gonna do? She was your entire life."

"My sister is married and runnin' off with the most notorious criminal in the Midwest. The Black Bandit--"

Gojo and Geto looked across the cliff where the hot sun set behind you and Toji's silhouette.

"--And I'm gonna be okay with it." He smirked as he watch your lips, press against his.

--------------

Thank you so much for reading this short story! I had so much fun writing it and I hope you had so much fun reading it! I'll be posting the winner's story choices in the near future after I brainstorm, in the meantime watch out for other stories on my page! And have an amazing day/afternoon/night, partner ;) !