Chapter 4 (Edited)

"You know you didn't have to stay with me during detention, right?" I sighed as I walked out of school with Aoi, having been finally let out of detention for an hour.

"It's fine! Plus, I was having some trouble with the homework, "the pink-haired girl chuckled as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"By the way, thanks a lot, Naomi-chan! You're a lifesaver!"

From hearing her words, I couldn't help but scoff, "It's fine. It's nothing, really."

It's been about two days since Arajin joined Siguma or Marito's gang, and being called, to my displeasure, "The Queen of Siguma."

As I walked alongside Aoi, I took out my phone and opened the calendar app, scrolling down one month to look at how many days were left until that day.

"Hmm? Who's coming back?" Aoi asked, curious as she glanced at my phone screen.

"Oh. A friend of mine, "I answered, "He is the older brother of my little brother's friend. About three years ago, something happened and he was sent to juvie."

"Oh... That must've... What is your friend's name...?"

"...His name is Asamine Mitsukuni..."

As we walked in silence, I thought back to some of the memories I had with him.

"If you meet him, you wouldn't believe that he was the 42nd leader of Minato Kai."

"E-eh!?! 42nd!?"

"Yep, "I snorted, accentuating the 'p', "He has a kind face, but don't let that fool you. He can be cold and ruthless in a fight, but he is a good guy..."

From hearing my shift in tone, Aoi stared at me with a look of awe.

"You must've been pretty close, huh?"

"I guess you can say that, "I lightly chuckled, rubbing the back of my neck, "Both being older siblings and similar ideals, I guess we got along pretty well."

-

After taking our separate ways, I arrived back home and entered the restaurant. Once I did, I immediately took notice of Matakara sitting at the bar, talking with Mom.

"Huh? Matakara? What are you doing here?" I inquired, walking over to where he was seated.

"Nao-chan! Have you seen, Ara-chan yet?" He instantly replied, a look of concern on his face.

I shook my head, "No, I haven't. What's wrong? You look like something bad is gonna happen."

The brunette stayed silent for a moment before speaking again.

"There is about to be a war between Minato Kai and Siguma."

"What!? A war!?" I exclaimed, "What happened?!"

"I don't know, "he dejectedly answered.

With that, Matakara began to explain the events of the past two days. Apparently, Outa was beaten up on the day of Arajin's welcoming ceremony and left at the scene was a Minato Kai armband. But knowing Minato Kai, they don't do underhanded and dirty tactics, such as ambushing somebody.

But then, two other members of Siguma were beaten up and stripped of their clothing. In a fit of anger, Marito went to Minato Kai's headquarters and declared war if they were to find who the perpetrators were. Which obviously, wasn't able to be done since it was no one in Minato Kai who did it.

"So, I was hoping that you and Ara-chan can help prevent it. Since you're both in Siguma."

"Please! You definitely know that I was given the title 'Queen of Siguma' against my will, "I scoffed, crossing my arms.