Chapter 8

"...What. The. FUCK."

In complete utter shock and confusion at the floating genie woman. Like, WHAT THE FUCK!?!

I must be in so much grief that I must be hallucinating right now!!

"Oh. Uh..., "the genie woman uttered and cleared her throat, "Well, I had a plan on how I should present myself to you, but this will do just fine."

Sitting straight above me, the genie woman crossed her arms and hardened her gaze as she looked down at me lying in bed.

"Naomi Tomoshibi, listen to me VERY closely..., "she spoke in a stern tone, "My name is Aisha and you are my incarnation. You and I will need to work together to save your brother and his friend's lives."

. . .

Ok. I'm sorry... WHAT!?!

"And no. You're not hallucinating, "Aisha deadpanned, "I know that in your current position, it is hard for you to get a grasp of what is going on. Along with the fact that most of your life, you've used logic and reasoning. But it is not time to throw that out of the window and get back on your feet because we are needed."

"Now, get up. I'll tell you more of what you need to know."

With that, Aisha disappeared in a puff of light purple smoke, leaving me lying in bed in wide-eyed confusion.

"...WHAT!?!"

-

'Wait, so you're telling me that YOU these two guys, Senya and Ichiya, used to be battle buddies centuries ago, and something happened that caused them to become rivals?' I thought as I side-eyed Aisha floating beside me as I walked.

As of now, I was walking down the street, with no location in mind, and speaking telepathically with Aisha. Having forced myself to get out of bed minutes prior and moving.

Of course, I thought I was still hallucinating, so I was still skeptical.

I, of course, have heard stories of my great-grandfather having fought man-eating nocturnal creatures called demons, but still!

'Yes, and they are now inside of your brother and his friend, 'Aisha stated.

I narrowed my eyes at her, 'Then... Why didn't you do anything...? From how you act, you definitely wouldn't have allowed whatever happened to happen.'

'I died, 'she huffed telepathically, 'Long ago, there was a war going on and the Sultan sent the order to hunt down anyone who was an Honki person or training to become one. I was one of those victims. And I supposed that my death and something else had triggered Senya and Ichiya's rivalry.'

At the information, my glare faltered as my expression shifted into one of disbelief and unsettling. I had heard some history of Honki people from Mitsukuni a long time ago, and this part of their history had always made feelings of sorrow and grief come to me whenever I heard it. So, with me being Aisha's supposed incarnation, I guess she was the reason why.

I guess, it kind of made sense.

Looking at her a bit more closely and in better lighting, her violet hair was almost blackish and her face was somewhat similar to mine.

'So, who is in who?' I asked.

'Currently, Senya is in your brother and Ichiya is in Matakara, Aisha informed.

In response, I grunted with a nod and faced forward a bit.

'And we have to do something quick, or they will die.'