Chapter 6 (Edited)

"Koibito-chan~!" Marito beamed as he lay on a hospital bed and a bunch of pillows.

"Oi, pipe down, "I groused while entering the hospital room, "You're gonna disturb the other patients here."

I looked down at him with an annoyed huff while holding a bag full of food from the restaurant. Due to Marito secretly inserting his number into my phone, he began to blow it up with hundreds of texts telling me to come. I got annoyed and had to accept so that he could stop.

And when I told Mom I was going to the hospital, she forced me to bring some food along.

What a goddamn pain.

At least the date on Friday was delayed due to what happened last week.

Closing my eyes, I huffed in annoyance and stepped into the room.

"Quit moving around so much, Adrenaline Junkie, "I scolded, "You're gonna make your injuries worse."

"Koibito-chan~! I was getting so boooored!!" He whined, making me roll my eyes.

Raising the bag of food, the green and black-haired menace's eyes sparkled and he snatched it from me. Inside the to-go box were several Maji Kebabs, I remember that he liked those.

In glee, he began chowing down on them, making me scoff and shake my head at him. I then turned my head to the nightstand beside him to see a tri-tier bento container, a water pitcher, a small wooden statue of some kind, and a yellow flower. If I remember correctly, I saw his little sister, Mahoro, and my little brother leaving the hospital as I entered.

I sat myself down on the stool by the bed and opened the bento container, only to grimace at the remnants of what would be considered nuclear waste.

I'm surprised that Marito is even alive right now.

Closing the lid and pushing it further on the nightstand, my attention was gained by him saying my nickname with his mouth full.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, "I snipped, finding it gross.

Taking a moment, Marito swallowed the food in his mouth with a gasp before grinning at me.

I gave an incredulous look at the grin on his face, getting a feeling that he was going to be asking me something. "What do you want?"

"You wanna go on a group date!?" He exclaimed, making me flinch at his volume.

"I told you to quiet down!" I hissed as I slapped a hand over his mouth, only to snatch it away when he bit my palm with a smirk.

"A "group date"? Sound dumb, "I deadpanned.

Marito gasped dramatically and pouted childishly at my response, "It's not dumb!! It's gonna be fun!"

Knowing him, this "group date" is going to be something fight-related.

I grunted when Marito suddenly put his arm around my shoulders, bringing me closer to him as his grin widened.

"In two days, we're gonna go to the beach with Minato and have some excitement!!"

I furrowed my brows slightly at the information I was given.

"I have to pass, "I sighed.

"Huh?! Why!?" Marito whined like a child.

I pushed Marito's arm off me and crossed my arms before replying, "I have something to do that day and it's gonna take me a few hours going in and back."

Marito's pout deepened and he continued to whine, "But can't it wait!?"

My face turned completely serious.