Chapter Two

Everyone was nervous as we waited for the CEO . I was eager to see the infamous Damon in person.

My mother's killer's son, I reminded myself.

Alyssa was beside me, and she seemed to be sweating, and I glanced at everyone. They were nervous and panicking as well. In a moment of panicking, the door suddenly opened.

The room felt silent in a second.

Avery, the woman I saw on my first day and Damon's personal assistant, entered.

Everyone was holding their breath without making any sound, and I started to wonder how scary he looked, but no one entered after Avery.

As if knowing what everyone was waiting for, she cleared her throat and announced that Mr. CEO was not able to attend the presentation.

Everyone was relieved, but I was a little disappointed.

I really wanted to see him face to face and see how intimidating he was or many more.

Our team had fifteen members, and my proposal was chosen among the five, which were to be presented in front of the production team and marketing team. It was to be narrowed to three again to be presented in front of the shareholders for the final decision.

     Those five included one of the guys with a confusing name, Rosie's, Steve's, and one of the guys called Caleb with glasses, and he was our team's manager. Everyone said that he was a genius.

They congratulated me as a new member and told me that I was amazing getting my first project to be ranked in the top 5.

I was proud of myself, too, and I was glad that my talent didn't go to waste.

I was starting to be trusted by the insiders as well. A step to know more secrets about Roy's even though my father hasn't talked to me since the last email.

We're not that close, but he used to give me everything I needed, and he was supposed at least to know how I was doing since I was out of the country, right? A week had already passed, and I was right to be disappointed.

A little.

**

I focused on finalizing the design in the next days and until then there was no word from my father so I started to get worried that maybe something has happened and I decided to call him when I got home.

"Did you find something?"

he asked as soon as he answered the call, and I furrowed my brows.

    It was almost two weeks, but the first thing he asked was whether I found something. I knew that he was not usually an emotional dad, but anyway.

"Dad? Are you okay? Why haven't you called me yet to ask me how I was doing?"

I blurted out because that made sense even though it didn't happen a lot. Asking each other how we are usually doing. I waited for a response from him, but I heard him talking to his men in the background.

"I have to go Har, I'll call you later. "

He said that and hung up. I was in bewilderment of how he hung up on me in that sense.

What the hell?

On that day, I slept with my phone close to the ear, waiting for his call, but I never got one.

"Maybe he's got some issues, and he is a bit busy."
That's what I kept telling myself as I waited for him to solve whatever problems he had even though I was not sure that he had one.

On the day of doing a presentation to the other teams, including the production and marketing team, I had a fever, and I was not able to present. I called in sick, and I was given two days off.