Chapter Seven

After working on Harper's proposal for two weeks, I was more than impressed with how skilled she was.

It was as if she knew everything about jewelries naturally. After helping the designing team with sketches, she was eager to choose gemstones and pendants for necklace and bracelets to make it more unique and more captivating.
For the matching earrings, it was not an issue.
As she had planned in the draft, it was supposed to be a multi-gemstone of amethyst and diamonds.

The combination of both gemstones was mesmerizing.

The team we were working with had a limited number of people, but two days a week were enough for the time being as they had to focus more on the main production.
But that was different for Harper. As it was her proposal, she spent most of the time on it doing research on sketches, current trends, etc. and she was working overtime almost every day.

I shot a glance on where she had busied herself on the coach earlier, and I was not surprised to find her dozed off on the table beside the sketches and her laptop.

My office was big, but to make it more comfortable for the whole team, they had displaced the coach more towards the office corner and added tables and chairs for every team member.

I approached quietly not to wake her up. She was sleeping soundly, and it reminded me of the day that is still engrossed in my mind.

These few weeks, I had many chances of looking at her because of how focused she was. She has the most dazzling hazel eyes I have ever seen.

Her face was small with strong prominent features. She was not a cute face, though, even though she looked younger than her age.

She looked like a college student.

Her pointed nose and pink full lips were among the features that made her uniquely stunning.
Her captivating eyes made it difficult to look away for many people, as I had observed for the last weeks.

Her hair was silky black, and it was longer.

Sometimes, I wondered if it didn't feel uncomfortable for her during sleep.

She has been keeping it tied up in a high ponytail, which made the color of her eyes stand out.

I arranged pillows and secured her head with it. I covered her with a blanket, and she sighed in her sleep.
She didn't open her eyes, though, proof of how tired she was.

It was scary how I was obviously attracted to her, but she seemed to keep her distance.
Maybe it was a coincidence, but I couldn't help overthinking.

My reputation with women was not that great and not forgetting that I was engaged. Right, engaged.

Diana's hurt face popped in my head when I didn't give her the answer she was expecting the last time I went to her apartment.
I looked at the Kimberly girl who was sleeping comfortably on the coach and found myself smiling like a fool for no reason.

Damn, this is bad.

I took a minute to be honest with myself, but my eyes and my beating heart were the proof.

The dive was going deeper than I expected.

I arranged her sketches on the table and switched off her laptop.

The ringing phone on my table interrupted my thoughts, and I went to answer.

"I hate to break it to you, but you might be in big trouble with your fiancé, or is she your ex?"

Avery's warning yet teasing voice came from the other side.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing serious. I just wanted to prepare you because she's heading to your office by now and she didn't, look happy."