Memories

Y/N POV:

Carol walked back over holding this weird headset "we will use this" she smiled "this being?" I asked "a Skrull torture device" "oh hell no!" I yelled "we put it on our heads!?!" Kamala said with the same level of nervousness "yes, it's fine. You use it to access memories. I've been using it to regain the memories that the Kree took from me." Carol said as she got three more of them "still?" Monica asked "yeah. But you know it has a lot of other uses. It's safe" she said to us "you might wanna get comfortable" she finished.

I lay down on the comfiest thing I could find and put it on. This was not how I figured my day would go, I took a breath and turned it on. I closed my eyes and suddenly all I saw was Dar-Benn "woah this is weird" Kamala said "wait how can I hear you?" I asked "don't ask how it works it just does" Carol said to me. We then watched Dar-Benn using the bangel to absorb carol's power! "Wait. Go back." Monica said, we then rewinded it to see it again "her band absorbs your energy and redirects it! It's like you gave her power to use against you!" Monica said to Carol. Then we saw the star carts and maps! "There! Those coordinates." Monica said to us "can anyone read that?" I asked "yes, the Magellanic Galaxy." Carol replied, then we started seeing memories, memories of Monica as a kid. "Oh my God, MONICA YOU WERE SO CUTE AS A BABY!" I grinned "agreed! Baby Monica is adorable!!!" Kamala grinned with the same level of energy, then we started seeing more memories. "No wait!" "Carol, what are you doing?" Monica asked "Why'd you ask me to come Maria?" Past Carol asked "mom!" Monica said in disbelief "The Cancers back. So I need you to take care of Goose" past Monica's mom replied, then it hit me "Carol. Maybe we should get out now." I said to her.

"no." "What do you mean no?" "You beat it once you'll beat it again" "carol." "I'm not taking the cat." "It's not a cat" "it should've been you that day. That stupid rave to the hanger." "I never wanted to be Captain Marvel. Captain Rambeau suits me just fine. And it's just until Monica gets back." "She blipped"

"Carol, I don't want to relive this." Monica said to her "I'm sorry." Carol replied with, then Monica's memories began playing "stop, now, please Carol!" Monica yelled desperately "Carol, she's had enough we got what we needed, stop!" I said as I slightly raised my voice. After a few more memories Monica pulled it off "no, no no no no!" I took mine off and ran to her side "you okay?" I asked, she didn't reply and stood up "never do that again." Monica said to Carol "I'm sorry it wasn't on purpose." Carol said to her as she speed walked towards her "wait, so your mom..." "Passed away while I blipped. And when I came back, no one was there." Monica said to us. Then Kamala walked over and hugged her, I joined immediately. Me and Kamala signaled for Carol to join us, which she did eventually. "Thank you" Monica said with a slight smile "she seemed really cool, I'm sorry." Kamala said to her "she really was" Monica smiled "she was the best." Carol smiled "well, let's make do with what we know right now okay?" I asked as I walked away from Monica.

"Here is what we do know:" Carol started "the universal neural teleportation network is a system of wormholes through the space time continuum aka jump points, which allows us to hop between different planetary systems. Basically it stretches and reconfigures space without rupturing the continuum. Like fracking, the more holes you drill the more destabilized the shale becomes and then... earthquake." Monica explained "bottom line if she keeps creating these jump points it's going to get really bad really fast. Question is what does she want?" Monica finished "Tarnax used to be occupied by the Kree, so maybe the attack was a warning?" Carol shrugged "so she could after another former colony?" Kamala suggested "any former Kree colony in the Magellanic?" I asked "one point the Kree colonized 25% of the Galaxy so..." Carol replied "is all she wanted was to destroy Tarnex, why not bring in an army or use a bomb or something." Kamala said to us "that's a good point. Opening wormholes isn't really a weapon, more like transportation" I replied "if that's the case then every jump point has two sides so if tarnex atmosphere was siphoned away it had to go somewhere or...-" "Hala. The Kree civil war basically bankrupted Hala of its natural resources. The air is barely breathable, the suffering from a drought-" Carol explained "if it's a drought then water could be next" I cut in "okay! Where in the Magellanic can we find-" "Aladna. oceans cover 99.63% of the planet." Carol interrupted "that's oddly specific." I said "you've been there?" Monica asked "yeah." Carol replied "suspicious. I'm calling it." I said "yeah, you said that really weird." Kamala replied "yeah why are you being weird?" Monica asked. "Okay! Consensus on Alanda." Carol again interrupted. Me, Monica and Kamala shared a confused yet suspicious look. "Aye" Kamala said breaking the awkwardness "I'm in" I Shrugged "Yeah, I say we do It, get to Aladna and Separate Dar-Benn from that Bangel." Monica smiled "We have our heading!" Kamala grinned.