Part 2- Diary entre 1

1/4/24

First, I left this notebook in my backpack after I emptied out all the schoolwork, my computer, stuff I didn't need. After Ms.Goodman left It was just us kids. When I was looking out at Ms.Goodman Gabriel walked up behind me, he grabbed my shoulders and said "well she was kinda a bitch anyways, he was so stupid sometimes I guess he was just trying to cheer me up. Also we couldn't find Mr.Saul after we were all staring at her car crashing into a light pole.

We all decided to look around the school, and we found Abby, and her friend Jason . We didn't  know what to do, I mean JJ, Gabriel, Abby, Jason, Celly, Rudy, Renae, Kiera my friend and me Genevie of course. We decided to split up into groups of 3 because three is how many floors in the school. We split the group up so we would have 1-2 boys in each group, JJ with me and Kiera. The other groups were Gabe, Jason, Abby and lastly Rudy, Renae, Celly. Rudy and Renae kinda have a thing going on, we didn't want them two to be together but they insisted on it. I was happy with my group though, I don't know about Gabe though. It was kinda funny, he thinks Abby is a pick me and he doesn't like Jason because he knew he'd complain. Gabriel told me one time that he complains after only 1 lap walking, in the gym.

I walked up the stairs with Kiera next to me and JJ in front of us, we didn't really talk much until Kie spoke out. "Do you think people will come for us?" JJ stayed quiet and kept walking when I turned to her on the stairs, her tight curls and honey brown skin layed her blue eyes onto me, "We'll be fine" -I started walking up a bit- "C'mon!" She started to follow me as we caught up to JJ, we were in the hallway now except it didn't feel the same, even when stuff wasn't like this just walking in this exact quiet hallway alone, it still didn't feel the same. I lightly jogged over to JJ, "Do you think the power will turn off?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders, "if they turn it off, I heard footsteps come up to us as we were looking outside another entrance to the school. "Who's they?" JJ walked towards the cafeteria, "Probably the government, I'm guessing. I mean if there's no more workers probably, they're all fleeing." His low toned voice said. I spoke up, not sure if we should secure this place and stay here, or if we should flee too, "Are we staying here? Because if so maybe we should board up the place.." I watched a lot of movies and shows about this kind of stuff, but I actually couldn't register it in my mind yet. But we watched videos on the internet the night before. People are posting to let others know where they are. I'm sure the internet will go down soon, but unlike the movies we haven't heard any gunshots or bombs go off yet. Maybe it's okay out there, we don't know because no one of us have had the courage to go outside. We haven't done a lot of anything, I think we're all still not believing it, but oh yeah I tried to reach my parents and friends. My family made a group chat, they said they would try to come get me as soon as possible, I guess they can't yet... I tried to text them this morning but nobody answered.
I watched from the back side of the cafeteria, at JJ entering the kitchen after breaking the lock. Then I grazed my eyes onto Kie, I could tell she wasn't okay. She's really close to her family, this has to be hard for her- it's hard for us all. JJ told me to block the doors, with desks and tables. I boarded up the door behind the stage first, he told me to look on the stage to see if anything was back there we could use. I looked back there to find a couple cases of water, that was great. We had been fending off of the water in the bottles I, Kie, and Abby brought. I opened up the curtains of the stage, Kiera looked at me with a confused face. I held up a finger to her and then turned around, there was a bunch of stuff back here. I picked up a case of water and brought it out so she could see, she smiled and then continued to keep looking around. I went to pick up the other cases and when I turned around.. she was right there. I was pretty paranoid so I jumped pretty hard. "What?" I said clearly so she wouldn't do it again, "maybe the water for the taps are still working." she paused, no one had thought of that yet, "is there like any buckets back here, also the school has showers down stairs. If we do have water it might be our only opportunity." Not to be rude or anything but this is the only smart thing she's said since this whole thing, maybe even a little before too. I still love her though..

Anyways, I looked around after I had actually found 3 buckets, they were pretty small but it's better than none. I found some tools they used to fix the stage before, a hammer was the closest thing we could find to a hammer. A couple of teachers probably had pocket knives in their offices, especially this one guy that was a vet. He definitely did, but that wasn't our job. There were only a couple classrooms on the main floor because the library took up a pretty big space. We said we would meet up back in our spot when the sun sets. Our spot was in my favorite teachers room. I had her in 9th grade but she had a chill room, 2 exits and a pantry with a couch and a couple chairs in the back. That's what I was thinking of when I was looking around, you know? We probably don't have it as bad as others. I found some rope too, and a bag of chips and a muffin, a weird combo but I was happy. There was one other exit to the outside. I put about 5 desks on top of a big table. I put other big tables around that one to keep it in place. I looked over to see JJ walk out of the kitchen with a lot of different food, most of it was chips, plastic wrapped things. He also would water, then he walked up to me. His brown eyes laid on the cases of water on the table next to me. "Good, I found some too" he continued to walk towards me and touched the water slightly, "Where's Kiera?" Oh she went to see if the tap water was still on" I said, slouching my hip down and putting a hand on my hip. "Oh okay, well let's go check on her then bring it to the room. I feel like we all slightly agreed on staying here for a while.
———————————————————————————

A little proud of this one, 1 viewer so far ✌️

Anyways this was fun to write though 🫶🏻

Hopefully more people read so I can get sum feedback