part 5

"So... do you think you are interested in anyone close to you romantically?" Diana put down her coffee and set her eyes onto Niko, waiting for an answer.

"Oh, uh, no." Niko knew it was a lie deep down,
as the night before, he started to have some —
questionable thoughts about Aj all of a sudden.

Diana smiled to herself, hoping Niko would notice.

"Well um, are you looking for a partner?"
Diana grinned, her voice being annoyingly high pitched.

"Yeah, —yeah I am, actually." Niko responsed awkwardly.

"Okay um, I'll say it straight. Are you interested in me?" Diana looked into his eyes, kind of forcing herself to pout.

Niko wasn't so sure himself.
He didn't know anything about love, but she was beautiful to look at and had a pretty alright personality, so he should be interested in her, right?

"Yeah, I guess I am, but, I want to get to know you better." Niko forced a smile, now knowing he was to deep in to put down the act.

Diana put back hair behind her ears and smiled.

She was so pretty doing that, but why not to Niko?

———————

Aj stood outside the medium-sized coffee shop waiting for Chunkz, who would take a little longer than him since he lived farther away.

"Isn't that Aj? That man seems around his height." Diana interrupted, pointing at a short man standing outside the coffee shop.

It was, Niko could tell if it was Aj or not just from the back.

"Oh yeah, it is.." Niko laughed, then sipping his coffee not taking his eyes off Aj.

——————-

Out of boredom, Aj turned around to face the glass wall which would make you able to see everyone in there.
He noticed someone familiar.

Niko... and a girl?
Why was he with a girl?

Niko waved to Aj as he noticed he noticed him, but something was off.

Aj wasn't smiling back.
Maybe it was normal as he was ignoring Niko but, by the second he started to have more of a concerned look on his face, examining the girl and Niko together.

"Why is he looking at us like that?" Diana questioned, linking her arm around Niko looking back, smiling at him — not knowing she was making the entire situation way worse than it was already.

Why did they link arms?
Why is she smiling at him and - why - why is he smiling back?

Aj didn't know whether he was questioning their relationship or already knew deep down what it was, either way he knew he wouldn't be happy if they were to keep on seeing eachother.

"I'll go talk to him." Niko sighed.

"But didn't you guys fight? Niko? Niko!"

Niko walked up to Aj with a slight smile.

"You okay?" Niko said in concern in reference to the way Aj was looking at them.

"Mm." Aj nodded, not making direct eye contact.

"You don't look okay, well um, why don't you join us?" Niko cupped Aj's face and crouched down to his height to make him break out in a smile, but he didn't, although — his cheeks became noticeably red.

"No I'm fine, I'm waiting for someone, plus I — I wouldn't want to interrupt your date."

Niko laughed sarcastically to Aj's response.
"Is the person your waiting for Sharky?"

Aj questioned why he would ask that, but he wanted to get away from Niko as soon as possible so he just nodded.

"Oh.. well, I wouldn't want to bother you then."
Niko awkwardly smiled and went back inside.

Aj couldn't help but glance at Niko sitting back down again by Diana, and get slightly jealous by how close they looked.

"Aj?"

Aj turned around to — who he thought would be Chunkz, but was actually..

636 words

um short again haha..

btw dont question how nobody had noticed them its secrets i swear ill make it realistic next part

beep bo beep bo bo beep