Chapter 5

Hiro entered the building cautiously, his gun ready for any threat. He wished he had Detective Lucky Lee by his side. They had been partners and lovers for a long time, until Lucky was transferred to Seattle. They still kept in touch, and they still had feelings for each other. Hiro opened the door to the main room, where he expected to find Deadeye. Instead, he saw Gavin and Scott, tied up and gagged with duct tape. They looked at him with fear and hope in their eyes. Hiro felt a cold metal press against his head. He turned around, and saw Deadeye holding a gun to his temple. He raised his hands in the air, and tried to act calm.

"Deadeye, if you're going to kill me, then do it," Hiro said, defiantly.

Deadeye shook his head, and smiled wickedly.

"Who said anything about killing you, Detective?" he said. "I have something else in mind for you. Now put your hands behind your back."

Hiro obeyed, and felt Deadeye wrap duct tape around his wrists. He then felt Deadeye tape his chest and his ankles, immobilizing him. He was then thrown to the floor, next to Gavin and Scott. He felt Deadeye put a piece of duct tape over his mouth, silencing him. He looked at Deadeye with hatred and disgust. He wondered what he was going to do to them, and how they were going to escape.'''