CHP 5: Training...

.

.

.

"We're here, so...? What do you think?" Jacob asked.

Daniel's jaw dropped completely.

"Dude!... You're rich!" Daniel kept looking up and down the mansion of what someone might call a home.

Jacob simply just chuckled at Daniel's reaction, in a sense, even he himself was surprised since he wasn't wealthy by any means in his first life.

"Yeah... Just, don't tell anyone about this, or I'm screwed..." Jacob laughed jovially, but he was dead serious...

"O-Of Course! Not a single word!" Daniel used his hands mimicking a zipping motion with his fingers across his face.

"Alright, now, c'mon, we need to head in. We need to talk..." Jacob walked ahead, with Daniel sticking beside him.

.

.

.

As they entered his home, Daniel kept marveling at what he was seeing around him. Jacob swore he could see the guy geek out...

"Hey, Daniel, remember when I said we needed to talk?" Jacob Reminded his new friend. Daniel nodded, now a little worried about what Jacob wanted to discuss so much...

Both sat on his couch, with Jacob asking, "Are... You tired of being treated like dirt?"

Daniel, didn't respond for a moment...

"Y-Yeah..." He said, looking down melancholically. Daniel had injuries from what happened earlier in the day, so talking about this was the worst for him, and Jacob could understand that...

With a smile Jacob asked again "Good... Let's train together then." Daniel looked up quickly.

"Wha-What? Train?"

"Don't look so surprised, do you think staying the way we are will change anything? I know you don't want to be like this, even though... I kinda like how chubby you look..." Jacob said, silently muttering the last bit.

Daniel having heard what he needed to, looked down again, "...Even if I trained, who said I'll even change?..." Daniel asked.

"That's a dumb question dude... You'll never know unless you try your best at it." He answered.

'It's the least I can do for you daniel, we both need power, more so you... And I'd hate for on of my favorite mc to squander his potential like this...' Jacob mused.

.

.

.

"...You're right, I wanna change too; I can't stand being beat up all the time, but where do I even start? I don't have the money to buy the proper foods I'll need, fitness takes money, and in that part, we're practically polar opposites..." Daniel finished.

Jacob smiled, "Did you forget the part of me being rotten rich?" He quickly chided.

Daniel looked confused for a moment, but his eyes quickly lit up... "You're not saying..."

"I am... I'll take care of the funds part, you just need to train with me, and we'll be good, how does that deal sound?" Jacob offered.

Daniel looked at him... "W-Why?... Why do all of this f-for a stranger, we just m-met. No one is this nice. What's t-t-the catch? Hmm?" Daniel asked standing up, not wanting to be taken for granted... Almost believing this whole gimmick.

There's was no way someone would do this to him of all people... Right?

With a sigh, Jacob responded, "There are no gimmicks, and I've told you before, we're in the same boat here. It's just that, instead of growing alone, I'll have someone to join me, and you're a good person too, I've seen it..."

"What do you get out of it, though?" Daniel asked, his guarded tone returning. "Why invest in me? What's the benefit for you?"

Jacob smiled, understanding the skepticism. "Look, I have my reasons. I believe in... karma, call it what you want. I've been fortunate enough to have people help me when I needed it most... Now, it's my turn to pay it forward. Besides, having a training partner will benefit both of us. We can push each other, learn from one another, and together, we can achieve more than we could alone, so what do you say?"

"Hmmm... Okay," Daniel finally said, cautiously extending his hand. "I-I'll give it a shot. But remember, if this turns out to be some kind of scam or if you have any ulterior motives, I'm gone..."

Jacob nodded, shaking Daniel's hand firmly, a sense of commitment flashed in his eyes. "Deal! Trust me, this is an opportunity for both of us to change our bullied little lives for the better..."

Daniel nodded as well, albeit still a little hesitant.

"Alright... But, when do we start?" Daniel asked.

'Hook! Nail, and Sinker!' Jacob thought, "Haha... Now." Jacob said, an evil glint in his eyes.

'Oh no... What did I get myself into...' Daniel thought

.

.

.

.

.

.

Jacob wanted Daniel to really push himself, this guy was a prodigy at getting tossed and getting stronger from it, and by extension, himself too...

"Alright, today and for a while, we'll be jogging until failure. I'll be eating to gain mass, while you cut down on fatty foods for a while, I'll buy us what we need for healthy bodies..." Jacob added.

Daniel didn't look too pleased about exercising, but wanting to change, he agreed. After a bit of stretching, they both began their run around the house...

As their jog progressed, Daniel found himself struggling heavily, his breaths coming faster. Yet, Jacob maintained the pace without effort it seemed, encouraging Daniel to push through the pain and discomfort...

"This is where the magic happens," Jacob said, sweat now glistening on his forehead. "Your body is telling you to stop, but you have to override that. That's how we break through limits."

After what felt like an eternity, Jacob finally signaled for them to slow down. Both of them were panting, their bodies pushed to the limit. As they caught their breath, Jacob then grinned at Daniel creepily...

"That was just the beginning. We'll do this regularly/everyday, mixing it up with other exercises too. And remember, our diet is crucial as well. Proper nutrition will fuel our bodies for our little, journey ahead." Jacob said, giving his devilish grin.

Daniel on the other hand, felt like vomiting, 'He wants me to do this everyday!? I'm gonna die before tomorrow!' Daniel thought, dragging his body into the house...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

END