17

Team Avatar crash at Gommu's hideout-place where poor benders and non-benders live together in peace

As night drags on, Mako finds Naida resting against Drogon claiming he also can't sleep as much as her.

"Few months ago, we were winning over the tournaments and now we're in the middle of a war. Who would've thought?" Naida says as Mako sits beside her. "I realised something, you know.." Mako says.

Naida had her arms rested on her knees as she was laid against Drogon who peacefully slept. She turns her head towards Mako with a smile, "And what is that?"

"In these past 4 years, I realised I still can't imagine my life without you." He says as Naida's face fell, "You got us out of the Triple Threats and convinced us to start with Pro-bending. Without you, me and Bolin would probably still be on the streets." Mako says, glancing down as Naida does the same.

" Naida, you are still the most loyal, strongest and selfless person I had ever met."

The two glance at each other as those words stunned Naida. Mako leaned forward, Naida slightly moves back. "I- Mako, I need to tell you something."

Mako sits back where he sat and cleared his throat in embarrassment, "When Tarrlok attacked Korra, I-...I blood-bended him. When he did the same to me, I resisted it."

Mako's eyes widen as she continued, "Without the full moon."

The fire-bender clears his throat, "Wow, that-um.." Silence overwhelmed the two. "I should probably get some sleep." Naida says quickly as Mako agrees, standing up and leaving her with her dragon.

The next day, the group exits a tunnel leading to a platform overlooking the bay and the docks. Mako notices the United Forces approaching and grows suspicious as to why there are no Equalists airships or mecha tanks in sight. On board one of the vessels, General Iroh realizes that they have been tricked just as the ships start triggering underwater mines.

As the warships scramble to avoid and safely detonate the mines, a buzzing sound fills the air. Moments later, a squadron of biplanes appears and unleashes a volley of bombs upon the vessels. Korra dives into the bay and attempts to aid the floundering military, but the ships are swiftly defeated despite her efforts. Iroh's ship is struck by a bomb and knocks him into the bay unconscious. Korra rescues him and waterbends them both to safety.

The group returns to their temporarily underground hideout, where Naida heals Iroh's arm, while the general explains that his fleet came prepared to fight mecha tanks, not nimble biplanes. Korra shares the sentiment, remarking that Amon has a knack of outsmarting them.

However, Iroh remains hopeful in their eventual victory, trusting the second wave of reinforcements that are en route.

Gommu questions who the top secret message is going to," Commander Bumi, Commander of a division of the United Forces."

"My crazy uncle?" Naida questions. Iroh nods, "The greatest commander you'll ever meet."

He sends instructions to wait by Red Sand Island until the biplanes have been taken care of. After Gommu sends the dispatch, Iroh creates a plan.

Just as they head out, Korra stops them. "I'm not going with you tomorrow." She states and claims she is sick and tired of hiding from Amon. "That's not a good plan. We need to stick together." Iroh claims.

"I'm not waiting for him to hunt him down. My gut is telling me it's time to end this." Korra says. "Korra, this is not a mission you should be handling alone."

Naida steps forward, "She isn't. I'm going with her." She stands by Korra's side.

"I'm going with you." Mako says and steps beside them. "You don't have to do that." Korra claims.

"Sisters stick together, right?" Naida says with a smile as Korra returns it.
______

The next day, Korra, Mako and Naida enter the attic only to find Tarrlok imprisoned.

The Avatar inquires if there were any other prisoners in the temple, but Tarrlok says no, telling her that he was special, as he is Amon's brother. "Now, that is a plot twist." Naida says and points her finger to Tarrlok.

Shocked, the three listen to Tarrlok's story attentively. "As Noatak left, he found a new home and fell in love with a woman." Tarrlok glances up at Naida, "Your mother."

"Okay, if you're going to tell me Amon is my dad, please don't." Naida says and brushes her hand away, "No. Noatak's change affected your mother so bad that she left him. That's why he spared you..you remind him of your mother." Tarrlok admits.

Korra comes to the conclusion that Amon's claim about the spirits granting him the ability to permanently take away someone's bending is a lie, as he achieves it with bloodbending. Tarrlok added that he had never encountered a bender as strong as Noatak, "Except you, Naida." He lifts his index finger and points it towards the girl.

"You're different from a normal water bender. You're special. The way that you resisted my blood-bending, you may have the chance to defeat Noatak with the help of your friends and the Avatar."

Naida was stunned by this as she took a step back. "We have to leave." Korra says as Mako nods. Naida nods and the two leave the attic, she turns back towards Tarrlok. "I'll come back for you."

"No. It would put you in danger if Amon finds out that you know. Go and put an end to this sad story." Tarrlok states as Naida simply nods and goes after her friends. The story he had told still running through her mind.