18

Meanwhile, Mako and Korra arrive at Amon's rally, disguised as Equalist chi blockers

Meanwhile, Mako and Korra arrive at Amon's rally, disguised as Equalist chi blockers. Amon appears on stage and begins his speech by recounting his fabricated past. At that moment, Korra unmasks herself and denounces Amon as a liar, revealing his true name, Noatak, and his status as a bender.

The crowd stays in shock as Amon claims that Korra is lying and shows the scar that the fire-benders created.

"Come on, Korra. I think you said enough." Naida says and gets in stance as so does Mako while the Equalists approach. "Leaving already, Naida? You'll miss the main event." Amon says. Naida glances back at the stage as he reveals her family being captured and tied up.

Amon announces that he will rid the world of airbending forever. "Let them go!" Korra demands, "You and Naida are both welcomed to try and save them." Amon taunts the two as Naida was already climbing over the balcony. Mako pulls her back, "He wants you to go down there."

Naida pulls her hand away from Mako, "I don't care. Not when my family's lives are at stake."

Naida creates two giant tentacles and jumps down with Mako and Korra following. The two fire bend Amon off the stage as Naida frees her family cutting the ropes with icing the last part of her tendrils.

"Where's mom and Rohan?" Naida questions and frees Tenzin, "They're imprisoned."

Tenzin rushes to the front of the battle and airbends gales of wind, knocking the remaining Equalist guards off the stage, and finally Amon who had been evading incoming fire and air. As the fighting continues, Naida releases the three kids and they escape into a backstage corridor.

Tenzin, Korra and the kids go to rescue Pema and Rohan; Naida and Mako turn back to see Amon enter the corridor.

The two run off down the fork opposite of Tenzin and the kids. Mako conjures flame walls to hinder Amon and they enter one of the doors ahead. Undaunted, Amon chases after them, paying little heed to the flames, hopping over them.

Naida, hidden beneath a table covered by a cloth, watches Amon's feet slowly walk past. He pauses momentarily and walks on. As soon as Naida breathes a sigh of relief, however, she is pulled out from hiding by Amon's bloodbending. As she is suspended in midair, Mako emerges and hurls fire at Amon, trying to save her, but he is subdued as well.

Naida is pushed down on her knees. A flashback of the baby and the mother appears in her head. Amon was frightened as Naida's eyes glowed just like Korra's. As she tries to stand, he pushes her back onto the floor and in result takes her bending.

Upon release, she collapses to the ground and he gloats in victory. Naida struggles to her knees and tries to blood-bend him, but fails.

Amon turns and walks past the now weakened Naida to approach Mako. He proceeds to bloodbend Mako into position, but Mako manages to inconspicuously point his fingers up at Amon and fires a lightning attack that stuns him. The unexpected attack connects, hurling Amon and slamming him into a corner of the room. Mako, still debilitated by the bloodbending, manages to weakly throw two fire blasts that cause the timbers around Amon to fall on top of him.