001

Yuji was always the type to put himself before anyone else. That's one of the things I adored him for. However, more times than not, this quality weighed him down more than helped him. He was incredibly athletic and perhaps more fit than any other boy at our school, yet he still chose to join the occult club instead of any sports despite the fact that he would single-handedly make our school come out on top in the athletic area. The coach of track and field knew this, and resented him for it. 

"Yuji," I sighed as we walked down the hall towards the field where he was about to take on the coach of track and field in order to stay in occult club with me, "you don't have to do this! Just join track. You'd probably love it."

He simply smiled and shook his head. "I know I don't have to. I want to be in occult club with you. Besides, running in circles and throwing things isn't really my thing. I can take him, Y/n! I'm sure of it!"

I simply smiled and blushed as he kissed my cheek before running out onto the field where Coach was waiting and students were beginning to gather around to watch the show down. "Good luck!" 

I knew he would win, and I was sure he knew too. Yet the fact that he was willing to do this just for me made me weak in the knees. We had only been dating for a few months, and I was falling for him hard. 

I watched and giggled as the Coach's face dropped when Yuji's insane throw. "How?!"

I jumped up and down, clapping and smiling as I shouted along with the other members of the occult club, Sasaki and Iguchi. He was going to get to stay in occult club with us. "Yahhh, Yuji!" I cheered.

He beamed as he walked back over to us, wrapped an arm around my waist and high-fived Iguchi. "Told you guys I had him."

Leaning against his side, I smiled wide and looked up at him with adoration in my wide e/c eyes. "Mhmm... I knew you did." 

Maybe it was petty to feel proud that he was my boyfriend or that out of all the girls in school, he was into me, but I didn't care. I let the feeling swell in my chest as I leaned against him and he grinned and kissed the top of my head. Sasaki laughed lightly. 

"Awh, you guys are cute... but do that at home!" 

Yuji pursed his lips slightly before playfully rolling his eyes and pulling his arm back. "Hmmm, fine."

Sasaki snickered before turning to me and tilting her head. "So, your fabulous boyfriend found a curious little trinket on campus earlier and we're gonna investigate it tonight. Wanna join us?" 

I sighed and frowned. "I wish I could, guys, but I'm really not feeling that well. I think I'm just gonna go home and take a nap."

Iguchi and Sasaki groaned and I looked up at Yuji as they walked off, leaving us alone. 

"See ya tonight, Angel. I've gotta go check on my Grandpa. I'll come visit you after and make sure you're feeling better, okay?" Yuji hummed as he tilted his head and smiled sweetly, tucking a loc of h/c hair behind my ear. He leaned in for a kiss and I shook my head, putting my finger to his lips. 

"Nuh uh, I might get you sick too. Tell your Grandpa I said hello. See you." I gently patted his chest before heading back home for the day and curling up in bed. 

Ever since I had started dating Yuji, I've been the happiest I've ever been. So even as I sniffled and sneezed in bed, having caught a little cold, I thought of him and kicked my feet girlishly. He was perfect. I couldn't ask for anything better.