008

"NO!"  I screamed, standing and rushing to his side as he literally gripped Yuji's heart in his hand

He grinned wryly before slowly pulling his hand from his own chest with the wet squelching sound of tearing skin. I cringed, my eyes burning with tears. 

"Think twice next time before you doubt my promises, woman..." He uttered quietly. For a fraction of a second, I swore I could've saw a flicker of remorse flash over his eyes at my terrified state. I knew I was only hallucinating though. 

"You humans are such fragile things." He whispered, stepping closer to me and using his thumb to brush the tears off my cheeks. "Crying over something futile as love. It's pathetic."

"You wouldn't understand." I spat, tilting my face from his surprisingly gentle grip. "A wicked curse like you has probably never been loved. Even for a second."

Sukuna's amused smirk tipped  downward as he feigned being hurt by my words. "Hm. I suppose you'd be surprised at how untrue that is. Women follow power like ants in a circle of death. They crave being controlled. It just so happens that right now, I'm the 'man' with the most power of all." 

His words made me feel sick. "You aren't. Satoru Gojo is more powerful than you! I-I know it!"

He scoffed, resting his hands on the back of his head, unintentionally flashing his biceps. "Does he think that? Well, let him. That'll just make beating him all the more easy!"

I gritted my teeth frustratedly and stormed past him, our arms brushing. It was as if a jolt of his power shot through my body, short-circuiting all my thoughts. 

"Hah. Not so fast." He grumbled, grabbing my arm and pulling me back towards him. 

"Will you agree to be bonded to me in a Binding Vow, Y/n?" He asked slyly. It was a question, yet I had no choice. 

I swallowed back my fear and nodded. I would do this for Yuji. "Yes." I whispered. 

"Hmh." He hummed approvingly. 

"Do you agree to be bonded me in every way? To be obedient and loyal no matter if my commands go against your morals? To have your human soul entangled with mine for as long as you live? Do you pledge yourself as a sacrifice I can dispose of whenever I see fit?"

Damn, these sound like the most shitty wedding vows to ever exist.

"I agree." I managed, finally before cringing as Sukuna outstretched his hand towards me. Sighing, I felt a wave of power and weakness rush over me as I placed my hand in his. His hand engulfed mine almost entirely and he gave it a gentle squeeze as within moments, I was bonded permanently to the King of Curses himself. The intense electric feeling power surging through my body in that moment was so much.

It felt nearly as if my brain was blending and melting in my head and my bones were thinning down, becoming weaker. Such an overwhelming feeling was too much to withstand.

The last thing I saw was Sukuna's wicked smirk before everything faded to absolute darkness.

***

When I woke up my bed, I wasn't sure how much time had gone by or how I had gotten here. The feeling from earlier was gone. Actually, I felt completely normal. 

I rubbed my eyes and as my vision cleared up, I saw Yuji sitting at my bedside, his head in his hands. When he heard me shift in bed while awakening, he jolted up and sighed with relief. 

"Y-y/n!" He stuttered, his lip quivering. 

"Yuji?" I uttered groggily, slowly reaching for his hand which he gladly took. "What's the matter?"

He struggled to keep himself composed as he explained what happened last night. Yuji told me he had suddenly regained control over his body in the middle of the courtyard where he found me laying unconscious. 

"What did Sukuna do to you, now?!" He scanned my form for any abrasions. 

"I...I think he said something about a binding vow... he told me—" As I was about to reveal Sukuna's intentions and plans, I felt something inwardly stop me. It was almost as if I didn't really want to tell Yuji—or anyone for that matter. As if I didn't want to betray Sukuna.

I knew the feeling was artificial, yet it felt real. I pressed my lips into a thin line before looking away and shaking me head. "It was nothing. Just words, empty threats. He just means to scare me is all. Don't worry."

Yuji seemed confused as I suddenly stopped my confession. He tilted his head, about to push for more, yet when he saw the conflict in my eyes he decided to give it a rest. 

"I'm sorry that happened, Angel." He whispered, pulling the back of my hand to his warm cheek. The feeling soothed me a little as he spoke. "Gojo sensei doubted Sukuna would try anything on your first night here, so he was on a mission... I'm sorry."

I shake my head. "It's okay." 

Deep down, I knew what had happened to me. I loved Yuji, yet an unsettling sense of uncommittment and desire for secrecy lingered in my chest. 

For now, I would just have to ignore it and hope it goes away. 

A/n: Thank you so much for the support! I'm glad people like this story, I'm having fun with it :)