Chapter 1

(Blood and gore)

(Kai's Pov)

Kai watched worriedly as the strange black and white light surrounded his little brother. He wanted to go running up to him and tackle him away from the lights. Then he would wrap him in a blanket cocoon and never let any bad things happened to him never again. But he couldn't, he and the ninjas, including Arin, Sora, and Wildfyre has been chained with vengestone and locked in a cage, away from Lloyd.

Lloyd's state was breaking Kai's heart. Every life, hope, happiness, and sanity has been drained out of him and left a broken, lifeless shell. He looked so pale and thin with cuts, bruises, and injuries all over him. He was wearing a blood stained gown that he guessed was white at first. He didn't wanted to know what they did to him the past 3 months, but he was going to kill them the most painful way if he gets his hands them.

"Listen, I might have a way to get out of these stupid chains," someone said behind me. I turned to see a boy with pitch black hair and cool purple eyes. He looked and sounded so similar to Lloyd that if he had blond hair, he could pass as the green ninja's twin.

"Anything to get out of here," Nya said, yanking on her chains.

"Ok," the boy took a deep breath, "I might be able to break this chain if I use my power strong enough."

"Will it work? It's still elemental powers and well, vengestone stop elemental powers," Sora asked.

"I think so...? Lloyd did it once... I think," The raven said, he's eyes were glowing purple now.

"You think so? What if it doesn't wo-" Jay yelled, but Kai slapped hit mouth shut before he could ramble about anything he could think of.

"Can you try though?" Kai asked, ignoring Jay, who was gagging after pushing his hand away.

"What do you think I'm doing right now?" The boy, June asked. His eyes and hands flaming purple energy. As June put his hands on the chains, the energy sparked violently. Few of the sparks got on June's hand, burning it, but it looked like he didn't care.

The chains slowly melted away enough for June to get his wrists out. His wrists were bruised and burned, but he moved onto his next wrist right away. Soon, the other wrist was free too.

"Ok, next," He panted.

As he grabbed Cole's wrist to get the chains off with his powers activated, the chains just became ashes, falling to the ground. 

"What...? Um, next," June blinked, surprised.

All the chains became ashes just like Cole's afterwards, which made the progress very quick. Kai looked towards Lloyd, but the beam of light was blocking from seeing the blond. Anger and worry boiling, he grabbed onto the vengestone cage so hard that it made his knuckles turn white.

"Come on, we have to save Lloyd," He said, "June, can you do the same- What's wrong?!"

June was on the ground, panting and wheezing so hard. It looked like he was suffocating. His whole body was trembling and surrounded by his power, preventing the others approach him. Purple glow of his destruction power went into the ground. It spread farther and farther, eventually reaching the bars of the cell. As soon as it hit the bars, the bars crumbled to dust.

"What's going on!?" Jay screamed.

"I don't know! June, are you ok?" Nya asked, trying to get closer, but couldn't due to the deadly powers.

"It's burning..." June managed out between his breaths.

"What's burning?" Kai asked, worried. He didn't know what to do and he wished so much that he can still feel a bit of pain that Lloyd was feeling like before.

Then they started chanting, the atmosphere got colder, and everything seemed to slow down. 

"He's coming..." June croaked, looking towards the beam of light which had turned darker.

"Who?" Kai asked.

"The Moribund."

Then the light beam exploded, sending everyone and everything backwards. Kai blacked out as he hit the wall. 

When Kai opened his eyes, a figure loomed over him with an emotionless face, long blond hair up to their knees, and dull green eyes. He looked like...

"Lloyd...?"

The figure tilted their head. Behind them, they laid lifeless and bloody. Most of their heads were either flown off or blown off. The stench of blood filled the air. 

"Who...?" the figure asked.