Chapter 3

So... hi. 

I wasn't very active for a while I know. I don't know when I'm gonna write the next chapter. I guess I was just so busy with personal stuff and school. Well... Please enjoy!

(Back to the present, Kai's Pov)

"What...?"

I stared at Lloyd or what seemed like Lloyd, shocked. The blond's eyes that should've been emerald now was pitch black with multi-colored spots that looked like stars making his eyes look like the night sky. 

"Lloyd... That sounds familiar. Perhaps it's one of the ones dead?" He spoke, his voice sounding distant. His eyes scanned the surroundings and finally landed on me again. "Kai. You're name is Kai?"

I blinked at him. He was Lloyd. The way he said my name was exactly how his brother used to say his name. But... at the same time, this wasn't Lloyd. When I didn't answer him, the blond stepped towards me. His expressionless face now filled with curiosity. 

"Master of fire, the red ninja... Interesting..." He smiled the warm smile that Lloyd used to do. But it creeped me out for some reason. His eyes started to swirl into blackness as he came face to face with me. His stare was so creepy that it felt like all my life was getting sucked out of me and into that swirl in his eyes. All of my bad memories started to resurface. I wanted to look away, but I couldn't.

"Stop, Moribund," a voice said behind us. Making the blond turn around. As soon as his eyes left mine, all my energy suddenly disappeared, making me fall, gasping for breath. Gasping, I looked up to see June with the other ninjas and the kids behind him. 

"Why are you with them?" A distant yet fierce voice came out of the blond, no the Moribund's mouth. His stare was cold and dangerous, making all the ninjas, the kids, and myself shiver. But June didn't seemed to be affected by it. Instead, he slowly walked towards us.

"It's ok. They're friends," June said as his eyes glowed purple, the color of oni's power.

"Friends? We don't have friends. Have you forgotten what they did?! What people do to us?" the Moribund growled. His voice was glitchy like it was a recording of some sort.

"It's ok. They're different. Remember? That's Kai, the red ninja," June nudged towards me, thankfully, the Moribund didn't look towards me. "That's Nya, Zane, Jay, and Cole. Then there's Arin, Sora, and Wildfyre with Riyu."

"They just want him, June, not us," the blond yelled, his voice now teary like he was at the verge of crying. I felt sad when I realized that it sounded exactly like how Lloyd sounded when I rarely caught him crying. When I looked at the blond, he had shrunk, only making it up to June's waist.

June just hugged him as he shrank more. As soon as he became around the height of before tomorrow's tea, the raven picked him up. It looked like the Moribund was crying, but if he was, he didn't make any sound of it.

I slowly got up. My legs were still shaky, but I could manage. Nya and the others ran up to me to help me walk towards June and the Moribund who was now a kid. The glow of June's eyes had faded away.

"Everyone, meet the Moribund, or just all the broken parts of Lloyd sewn together."