4 - Searching for Mr. Terror Behind My 'fathers' Back

"Wait what?" Cody asked with a mixture of shock, frustration, happiness and regret evident in her voice. "They want me to join the League of Heroes?"

"They do. you can be a valuable asset and ally to us." Tecton responded.

"That's great... yeah that's really good." Cody said a gloominess to her voice. 

"Cody what's going on?" Kaz asked as Cody put up her finger, silencing him. Kaz pursed his lips together following her order. and Oliver and Skylar woke up to an out of context phone call.

"What's wrong Cody?" Tecton asked "I can hear the disappointment in your voice." 

"With all due respect Tecton... It's an honor. It really is. but my allegiance lies with Mighty Med for the time being. My job is to protect the city and save the people who save people. Maybe one day, I will be ready to take on such a responsibility. but not now." Cody responded.

"You're turning us down?" Tecton asked, with confusion.

"Can you believe it?" Cody said jokingly. 

Tecton chuckled. "My little Starlet is grown up." he said genuinely "If at some point you change your mind... You can always ask me."

"Thank you Tecton," Cody smiled. 

"Once you're recruited to the League, you are a member for life. you can join at any time. when you feel ready. reach for the stars." Tecton smiled on the other line of the phone.

"Thank you." Cody smiled "I will be sure to report back. for now, let the League of Heroes know that I am going to try and find Mr. Terror alongside my best friends: Kaz, Oliver and Skylar." 

"I will. Just be safe, and promise me, if you need anything... you'll ask." Tecton requested.

"I promise. I'll see you later." Cody said to Tecton "Bye" Cody hung up the phone a conflicted look on her face.

"Cody what's going on?" Oliver asked as Skylar and Kaz were standing with him behind her.

"Tecton recruited me to the league of heroes..." Cody said softly.

"What?!" all three of them exclaimed at the same time.

"What did you say?" Kaz asked.

"I turned them down." Cody replied.

"You what?!" Skylar screamed. 

"You know how big of an honor that is right?" Oliver asked as Cody nodded.

"Yeah. I told him that I will join when I am ready. I am a member for life. I'm just not ready yet..." Cody admitted as Kaz took her hands.

"Cody. you are more than ready. what is the real reason you turned them down?" he asked looking into her eyes.

"Mr. Terror is out there. villains are out there. I lost so many people at the hands of villains. I want to make them proud. I don't want to just join the League of Heroes. I want to prove that I'm worthy of it. I want to make them proud. My brothers, My parents, Tecton. I'm doing this for them" Cody explained. as Kaz sighed.

"But why did you want to stay as a nurse? you could be so much more than that." Oliver pointed out.

"Oliver, your mother is a villain. Some mysterious man turned my mom evil. I soon found out he went by the name Mr. Terror. Then he took her life. along with my father and my brothers. You and Kaz are like my family. Skylar is like my family. You want to take down Mr. Terror, and I will stand by you. I won't let you face that kind of pain alone. I'm with you guys till the end of the line." Cody smiled.