5 - Going Behind Tecton's Back... Again

Cody grabbed her backpack and ran out of the hospital. She ran back to her and Tecton's place and ran to her room and locked the door. She threw herself on her bed and curled up sobbing her eyes out. she sobbed until her cheeks were burning from the acidity from the tears and her eyes were blood red from crying. 

The next day Kaz came over to her house. He walked up to the door and knocked three times. It took about three minutes before Kaz knocked again. Tecton came to the door and opened it. 

"Hey Kaz," he said forcing a smile.

"Hey, How's Cody doing?" Kaz asked with concern. He picked at the hem of his shirt. 

"Not good...She hasn't come out all day." Tecton sighed. "I tried to get her to talk... But she is unresponsive. She's still pretty mad at me."

"Do you mind if I try?" Kaz asked. "I have ways of making her talk." he said with a small smirk.

"You can try, but I don't think she will." Tecton said welcoming Kaz into the house. 

"It's up the stairs. The first door on the right." he called as Kaz knocked on her door. 

"Go away!" Cody snapped, pain in her voice. Kaz could hear things hitting the floor.

"Cody, it's Kaz..." Kaz said through the door. "Please open the door."

"Oh Sorry, go away! please!" Cody hissed; he could tell she was crying. and she was. she was devastated that such an event happened yesterday.

"Cody, if you don't open this door, I will burn it down with my powers." Kaz said sternly. 

"Fine." Cody said walking to the door and opening it up. 

"Can I come in?" Kaz asked, with genuine eyes.

No matter how much she didn't want to admit it, she missed talking to Kaz. He always knew how to make her feel better.

"Fine." Cody sighed letting him in her room.  Kaz walked in and looked around at her wrecked room. 

There were broken pictures and broken stuff all over her room. Her bed was a mess and there were burn marks all over the wall.

"What happened in here?" Kaz asked curiously, taking a seat on her bed. 

"I got angry and lost control of my powers. this is the result. right now, my anger is making my powers unstable. they're too powerful." Cody sighed.

"Cody, what did Horace mean when he said you killed your family?" Kaz asked. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

"When my little brother was taken. My mom, my dad, my baby brother and I set out to find him when we got to Mr. Terror... he was dead. My parents and my big brother fought her, so I could get out... and she killed them. We knew it was a suicide mission. But I ran instead of trying to help my family. I could've been with them when they were heroes... but I'm the only known remaining survivor of my family. Their deaths were on my head." Cody explained.

"I'm sorry Cody. No one should have to go through that." 

"I've spent so long running from the pain and now I realize that I need to confront her. I want to kill her." Cody said.

"I know you do, but you're blinded with rage right now... you can't think clearly." 

"I'm going to go. Whether you come with me or not. You can't stop me Kaz. I'm more powerful than you. That's a mistake you don't want to make."

"I'll tell you what... It's late. Tecton is downstairs watching TV..." Kaz said walking to the window.

"What are you doing?" She asked as Kaz opened the window.