9 - Meeting the League of Heroes

Cody flew home to Kaz' house quickly before Kaz could catch up. She grabbed her stuff and repacked her bags and rushed out the door, but not before leaving a note on his desk. 

Cody was heartbroken. She was basically raised in Mighty Med, Tecton was her father figure and Horace was like her uncle. Now Horace was gone. She lost everything, her home, her family. everything she's ever known since she was very little.

for as long as she can remember, she worked at Mighty Med. she was one of their best doctors. she had so many core memories from Mighty Med. When it blew it felt like a part of her blew up too. it had a special place in her heart, and it always will. 

She rushed to the train station and quickly bought her tickets. She waited in a long line with people looking at her funny from the way she was dressed. She ignored their glances and kept to herself as she boarded the train to New York, where the League of Superheroes Headquarters is.

The train ride seemed longer than it actually was for Cody. Heartbreak makes time move slowly. her heart was heavy as she leaned back in her seat as the waterworks started flowing down her cheeks. she cried silent tears as all the memories from Mighty Med flashed through her head all at once. She was overwhelmed with emotions as she felt her powers become unstable.

Cody felt bad about leaving Kaz and her friends in suspense, but she had already done enough to the current situation. 

A woman walked in and sat down next to Cody. She had her headphones in but pulled them out when she saw her silent tears. "You okay kid?" she asked genuinely. 

"No even a little bit... I've lost everything. All the people I love... and for what?" Cody asked herself. "So, I could avenge my family that were murdered? So, I could be a hero? So I could make my family proud? yeah... none of that matters anymore."

"The last two sound pretty good." The mysterious woman chuckled.

"It's sounds great. but is it worth losing everything? My family, my home, and the Boy you've had a crush on since grade school. I Risked my life fighting for what's right and the second I lose my temper; my home gets destroyed." 

"I'm really sorry. you shouldn't have had to go through that. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"I don't think so. I would give anything, to fix it..." Cody muttered.

The woman took off his hat and it was the Hero Alley Cat. 

"Alley Cat?" Cody smiled. "What are you doing here?!"

"On the way to the League of Heroes, just like you. Cody you to stay strong. if there are more heroes out there, we need to find them and warn them." She replied as the Train started to move. it was a two-hour train ride the train pulled into the Station in New York City. Alley Cat grabbed her stuff and helped Cody with hers. 

"Cody, come with me. I'll take you to headquarters," Alley Cat offered as Cody said nothing but followed. They walked a couple blocks, carrying and dragging their luggage. both of them stope to breathe. 

"Shouldn't we have just taken an uber?" Cody asked, panting heavily.

"All of our luggage won't fit." Alley Cat said as they continued to walk. Soon enough they arrived at a very tall building. It looked like some place superheroes would work. Cody followed Alley  Cat into the elevator with her stuff and Alley Cat Put her fingerprint on the scanner and a button said -100 appeared. She pressed it and the elevator went down all the way underground. 

Cody stepped out of the elevator and saw the most amazing thing ever. It was an entire underground city and business for Superheroes. She looked around. There were buildings everywhere and there was a large building in the Center labeled "LHH" Which she assumed stood for "League of Heroes Headquarters."