A Epic Escape (Short Story)

"Alex!!!" Jacob screams hoping they heard him from such a long distance, and then "BOOM!". A gunshot was fired, Jacob looks back still running and sees a crowd chasing him with swords and guns. "We won't kill anyone but for our boss it is a YES!" The sky turned dark and the clouds covered the sky, droplets and lighting were starting to form. "BOOM!" Again another gunshot but this time Ava fell on the floor. "Don't stop running!" Jacob shouted, he reached out his hand and grabbed her shoulder and started carrying her. "Are you okay?" "Yeah, thanks" They kept running but then there was a gap across the ground. And Alex jumps with a terrifically huge leap holding Lewis by his arm, but Alex waits at the other side. Jacob goes to the cliff "Throw Ava over here, trust me!" Without time to decide whether to do it or not he does it, the mob gets closer and closer making more noise and dust in the air. "I can't jump!" Jacob says. "Well too bad!" Alex says running away with Ava and Lewis. "God, why did I give them my trust."The mob was just an inch close to Jacob but then he jumped.

So close, he knew he couldn't make it. He was holding on the point part of the cliff with his left arm. He didn't have any energy left and then one of the people from the Goodmen's mob threw a spear at the same hand he was using to hold himself up. He let go in awful pain falling into wherever that cliff ends screaming down to his death. Jacob's mind: Why, why did it have to end this way, I really don't want to die like this just anything, anything. He grabbed on the side of the cliff when he was falling but he couldn't resist the heat it was making from the speed he was falling, he just fell down and he was left there, dead, his lifeless soul wasn't there no more just to experience betrayal.

Alex in the hotel sitting down in his mind safe and sound was stressed, frustrated, and felt bad for what he did. "I hope he is okay" he thought "I will never forgive myself again if he dies" Ava sits beside him. "Alex? Alex. Alex! Alex!!" Alex snaps out of his thoughts and comes back to the real world. "Hey Ava, I need to go somewhere." "What?" Ava says in shock. "I'm going to take some clothes, okay?" Ava is confused "Wait Alex, what's the rush about." Alex takes a Fleece-made clothing and wears it. "I'm coming back." "Wait but it's in the middle of the night." "I said I will come back!" Alex rushes outside and goes to where he left Jacob.

Alex stands out of breath, eyes wide open. He was standing in front of the cliff on fire, fire all the way from left and right was there, even just standing there he was getting heated up. Alex fell on his knees weeping over Jacob's death. "It's all my fault, if I just helped him he- he could have lived. I'll never forgive myself after this."