Prologue

Laughs of Joy filled the room as you and Catnap sat together, you cuddled against his soft fur.

His tail wrapped around you protectively as you guys sat and watched the kids sleep.

"I'll miss this." You sighed, letting something accidentally slip.

You hadn't told him you were leaving yet or that you were 'fired.' It was either that or DEATH and you didn't want to die.

Catnap visibly tensed and his ears perked as the white tiny orbs in his eyes quickly flickered to you, almost like he was staring through you.

"What do you mean leave?" He questioned with a raised brow and an upset frown on his face from anger and confusion.

"I wasn't supposed to tell, I was supposed to make it look like I had completely vanished but they banished me permanently. It's either that or DEATH." You spoke.

A growl emitted from Catnap.

"What do you mean DEATH, they would've already killed you." He retorted.

"That's the thing Catnap, I'm not actually 'banished', but I have to. I have to run. If I don't and they find me they'll kill me."  You responded, a pained look on your face

What you really meant was that they were going to offer you to the Prototype for it to kill you but you had a feeling you shouldn't tell him that so you left that part out.

Catnap was angry but you knew it wasn't at you. He was angry at THEM.

"I'll miss you." He muttered and a small smile came to your face as you stood up and engulfed his large body into a tight hug and his tail securely wrapped around you as he buried his face into your neck.

"I'll miss you more." You muttered.

Suddenly the doors slammed open.

"Y/N, Mr. Ludwig has requested you." Two workers said in monotone sync moving toward you.

Her body shook and Catnaps large body stepped in front of you.

"ŘŲŇ." Catnap growled, his voice sounding distorted. It worried you but you turned around and listened running even when you heard the screams of the workers.

"I'll miss you." She thought to herself.

"I'll miss you." He thought turning to look back at where you ran away.