3

You stumbled over the rubble as you ran.

You knew you were being over dramatic but you couldn't help it.

Catnap had never hurt you in the past not even by accident.

He was a kind and gentle giant but now...

Now you didn't recognize him.

Of course he was still him but he wasn't the Catnap you knew anymore and that saddened you at just the thought.

You missed those old times, the simpler times where everything was normal.

Okay.

FLASHBACK

Laughter from you and the smiling critters was all that filled the room you guys were in as you all laughed and joked about stupid things.

You sighed in contempt as you zoned out with a smile on your face.

"Y/N!" PickyPiggy called.

"Yeah?" You answered.

"Do you think we'll all still be together in the future?" She asked cheerfully.

A smile graced your lips.

"God, I hope so." You said letting out a laugh. "I hope to be with you guys for as long as I possibly can." You finished.

"Us too." All the smiling critters said.

"What do you think we're all going to be like in the future?" Bobby Bearhug shook up.

You all pondered.

"More mature, different for sure but all still together of course." You responded after a bit.

You guys continued to talk and chat with each other until you felt a tail wrap around you.

"Catnap!" The other critters said in excitement.

A smile graced your lips as you turned to face your purple feline friend to find he was already looking at you.

"Hey." You said softly with a smile.

"Hey." He said back as he curled up next to you and put his head on your lap.

You giggled and scratched behind his ears soothing him.

"I'm surprised!" KickinChicken said.

"Why?" You asked.

All the critters looked at each other and then at Catnap and then back to you.

"Usually he hates the employees but he warmed up to you pretty fast." He explained.

"It's almost like..." Kickin did a dramatic pause.

"He likes you!" They all teased dragging the word 'you.'

A blush coated your cheeks and you looked away shyly.

"Oh hush!" You said with a soft smile gracing your lips.

You felt Catnap lift his head off your lap slightly and you looked back at him curiously as he rubbed his fur head against your cheek affectionately.

"Aw you like me?" He teased.

You felt your face turning hotter.

"I like you enough." You retorted smartly.

He tilted his head at you with a knowing smile.

"I like you too."

END

Your steps faltered and you paused.

The memory made you cry and you didn't even know it until you touched your face.

You tried to stop them but they just kept flowing.

You looked back where you had ran hoping and praying to whatever deity that he decided to follow you but he didn't.

You waited a beat before you gave your hopes up and continued to walk down the dark path ahead until you found cells upon cells and that's when you found him.

DogDay.

You gasped at the sight.

It was so gorey, so gruesome.

DogDay was chained up by his arms as he dangled from the wall and you looked down to where his legs were supposed to be but there was nothing.

You swallowed down vomit.

Where his legs were supposed to be, there were only guts.

You swallowed down the lump in your throat.

"DogDay?" You mumbled.

His eyes opened.

"Y/N?" He gasped out.

You observed the cell.

Holes, like crawl spaces.

Small enough for the mini smiling critters to crawl through most likely.

"What happened to you?" You questioned.

"Angel...you...your poppy's angel." He suddenly said.

"Come to save us...nothing left to save..not here.." He spoke again his face still facing toward the ground.

Your heart cracked for one of your best friends in front of you.

"Your in Catnaps home angel." He said.

"Catnaps home?" You mumbled.

"Their home, a million pair of eyes are on you now." He paused.

"Watching, waiting, hungry. They want nothing more than to crawl beneath your skin and eat away at you bit by little bit.." He continued on and a lump appeared in your throat.

What had they done to him?

Who did this?

Why?

Why did he say that you were in Catnaps home?

Questions swarmed through your head but you were brought back to reality by DogDays next words.

"That thing Catnap..the Prototype is his God and this is what he does to heretics." DogDay said.

You felt yourself about to vomit again.

Catnap did this?

Why?

DogDay was his best friend from what you remembered.

"These little toys follow Catnap to avoid this very fate and in return, they are fed. We tried to fight it..the prototypes control. I'm the last of the smiling critters." Suddenly he lifted his head startling you.

You felt hot tears trail down your face and his face softened but he continued to speak.

"Listen to me, you need to get out of this place. You need to live. You and Poppy could fix this. End this madness..the torment, the-" suddenly he paused as he looked toward the little holes.

"Oh no! OH NO! Leave me please! Just go! Run!" He screeched as they approached him.

"DogDay!" You yelled and with every little bit of your power you shot your flare gun at the little critters and tossed some of them rather hard toward the wall or at the floor.

They were surprisingly heavy but it slowed them down as you approached DogDay as fast and you could and unchained him from the wall.

"Angel.." He mumbled as you threw his arm over your shoulder.

"I got you." You said in determination.

"I got you."