●Chapter 21● I am-- ●

The sarcastic mouth of the old man vanished the moment the old lady, now identified as Arundati entered the room.

Niyathi took her time to observe the lady who managed to tame the old man. She looked old but she was an epitome of beauty. The wrinkles on her face, the grey hair, her frail body didn't diminish her beauty. If anything it increased her beauty.

The concern oozing out of her eyes despite her anger at her husband filled Niyathi with warmth.

Warmth of a mother.

She liked her more because she can put that old man in his place.

She thought, 'Arundati... I had heard this name somewhere.. but where?'

She couldn't think properly due to her head ache and body pain. So she stopped thinking amd looked at the scene unfolding infront of her.

It was amusing to see the man who killed Asurs of Rasatala easily, tremble under the glare of his wife.

The lady now who is identified as Arundati glared at him more and said, "What Ar-Arundati? Answer the question first!"

As the old man was about to open his mouth, Arundati cut him off by saying, "No no you don't answer the question. You will come up with some rubbish excuses. What were you thinking? Talking to her in riddles when she is clearly injured. Why can't you just answer her questions properly? And why is she standing? Don't you know she is gravely injured? Mahadev! What am I gonna do with you!?"

Niyathi was hardly controlling her laugh. She decided she liked Devi Arundati more than the rude old man.

Again the old man glared at her.

She gulped and  thought, 'Ought to be careful with what I think infront of this old man. Else I'll be roasted alive by his glare.'

Devi Arundati then turned to Niyathi and gave her an apologetic look and said, "Please forgive my husband putri. His old age is messing up his head now. Don't mind his words. Please sit down."

The old man looked like a wounded puppy after hearing his wife's words. He thought, 'What's with her and embarrassing me in front of this brat? Mahadev! How can I face her the next time!?'

Niyathi nodded at Devi Arundati and sat down slowly on the bed. As soon as she sat on the bed she was checked by Devi Arundati.

Devi Niyathi frowned looking at the gash on her arm, which was now oozing blood. The old man who saw that thought, 'I am dead.'

She muttered, "The bleeding has stopped yesterday. Then how?"

Niyathi winced internally and thought about the stunt she pulled. Unconsciously her eyes went to the knife in the old man's hand. When he felt Niyathi's gaze, he quickly hid the knife behind him before his wife sees it.

Unfortunately for the old man, Devi Arundati noticed this and glared at him.

She gritted her teeth and asked, "Why is there a knife in your hands Arya?"

The old man stuttered out, "Pri-y-e th-is kn--ife--"

Devi Arundati gave an irritated look and said, "Don't stutter Arya. Pray tell me what a knife is doing in your hands? What is the need to arm yourself in the presence of an injured girl? Mahadev! Were you threatening her!?"

The old man's eyes widened more if possible. He thought, 'His wife always thought the bizarre things. He was threatening that brat? If anything he was the one being threatened. Hadn't I been alert she would have sent me to Swarga permanently. Poor Arundati would have been a widow then. Ehh. I am thinking unnecessarily. How should I save myself from her wrath?'