two

Amara's favourite thing in the world was getting to see an idea she had come to fruition. It had taken many months of discussion, a fair few drawings for accuracy, and dozens of fittings to get to the point of the costume almost being entirely finished.

The dress was difficult to get into, there was no question about that. It took both the seamstress, a maidservant, and Eira, Amara's companion in her father's court, to get her into the dress. Amara found her on the way to her last fitting and invited her companion along so she could be one of the only people to see the dress before the big night.

Eira was a Redwyne two years younger than Amara herself. She looked the part, kind, innocent brown eyes, wild brown hair, and small of stature. She'd come to court with her father and as soon as Amara met her, the girls had formed a close bond. She assumed that was Eira's father's wish, anyway. Always holding out hope his daughter would be close with Carwyn's daughter and when the fabled son was born, Lord Tyrell would be inclined to betroth his daughter to the heir of Highgarden. It was much too late for that to be a possibility. While there were times when political marriages could be facilitated between those younger than majority, it wasn't preferred and was looked down upon. Carwyn, if he had a son, would likely wait to find his heir the best match, even if he had to look outside the Reach.

Despite that fact, Eira and Amara became and remained close friends. They spent much time together, especially when they received the same education from the Septas. It was better together than it was separately.

"Now, the lace detailing with the gems was a bear to put together but I think it turned out beautifully, hmm?" The seamstress said. She was standing behind Amara pulling the laces of the dress tight so it would fit her how it was supposed to. Eira was standing in front of Amara helping to hold her steady so she wasn't pulled off of her feet at the force of it all. She grunted when her upper body was squeezed particularly hard by the bodice of the dress, but what was being a woman in pretty dresses without a little bit of temporary pain? Amara endured, standing nice and still, and sighed in relief when the seamstress tied the lace off. "What do you think? Go on, take a look."

Eira let go of Amara's hands since she was no longer in danger of being pulled over and stepped out of the way. There was a large full-length mirror against the opposite wall from Amara, which allowed her to get a complete look at the dress that had taken months to create.

A majority of the fabric and lace of the dress was a dark navy blue. It was in sharp contrast to the dresses Amara usually wore, which were often brighter in colour and variety. But there was a purpose behind the dark and beautiful colour.

There was also a purpose to Amara being squeezed half to death by the corset, since the bodice of the dress was quite form-fitting. Usually, corsets were supportive things, and it was in the dress, but their purpose was to shape Amara for her dress. Perhaps it was a touch scandalous if she were to attend court like that but for the masquerade, no one would bat an eye.

The top of the dress, from the chest up, was made with sheer lace the same navy blue. It wasn't sheer enough to be considered immoral but it gave the dress a nice texture change, especially since it created a beautiful smocked neckline with a slim piece of fabric around Mara's neck; it could almost be considered a choker but it served a clear purpose to hold the fabric for the neckline. The skirt of the dress was a bit bigger than Amara usually preferred but for a masquerade costume, it matched well. The dress was technically sleeveless but her arms weren't bare. Attached to the top of the dress and falling prettily down her back and sides was a 'cape' made of the same sheer material part as the neckline.