Chapter 3

Yn POV

I now entered the tree line, with every second the police alarms and bewildered screams started dying out until I couldn't hear It anymore. I was hurt, hungry and agitated, what was that? How did I do that? Why did I do that? It just, It just shot out of instinct. This is surely a bad dream. Ill just go over to rest anywhere.

30 Minutes Later

After walking by leg with support of my wings and claws for about half an hour, I reached a elevated spot which I could reach by flying with the mysterious gas that the generator produces. After a few a few misses I could finally grab on the spot and get on It, so I got confortable, well as much as I could with this new body, after a few minutes I fell asleep, my dreems turning into a dark void.

After a night of rest I got of my makeshift bed, while I was still...thinking about my parents death, I cant stop just now, Im getting hungry, and it didn't help that the last meal that I had was bones and water, so I started to wander around by walking, afraid to fly as It would draw to much atention. Though, finding any kind of big animal near the cities is a challange by itself, even then I need to catch them with my "harpoons", no easy task as I have never used this, other than that time. Anyways, I tried to fire them at a tree, focusing my all to get them to fire, It didn't work for five minutes and when I finally got them to fire, they didn't even hit the tree, I should start aiming with the small laser pointers that come with the harpoons, I thought as I reeled back the rope of the harpoons. After three minutes I got them to fire again, both at different times and the first one hit the tree, the other one missed because of the recoil of the first shot.

Evon though I needed more practice, hunger would strike me down faster than I would train, so I started to wander in the find of anything.

It was past noon until I found something, a small deer, herding the grass around the forest, I had my time so I waited whilst aiming st the deer, and when I was ready.

Ding.DingDingDing

The deer noticed and took off

Wooosh

The first harpoon hit a nerby tree, so I flying myself in the air to try to follow It, but the stuck harpoon didn't allow me, so I tried to get the second shot, but It was again, a total miss, hitting nothing, the deer got away. If I continue like this I will starve.

I continued walking and, without realizing I wandered closer and closer to the city area. Until I heard a scream, more like shouting.

1???: Oi, rock 'ead, get here!

Then a diferent voice also called in the same direction.

2???: Yeah, mute freak, dont try to run away.

I followed the voice, getting closer, using my feet and arms at the end of my wings to get over and see what's going on over there, maybe even get a meal.

??? POV

I was running away, agitated from my agresors, while hearing their shouts asking me to come to them, I didn't want to be in nature like this, I just wanted to have a peaceful day, but they always come to bug me, and now that they known I've been avoiding them, they will definitely use their quirks against me. After a short while I his behind a tree hoping that they wont find me there...

1???: Ah! He's behind here!

As I looked there they were, in front of me, with no escaped route, I was just frozen, while watching them display their quirks, one being able to throw at fast speeds small objects, the other being retractable claws. As they got closer I also notice something behind them most like someone.

A mask, watching the scene with empty sockets, there were "tusks" at the side of the mask, also another feature were flashing laser of white and yellow, every secong turning off and onn faster until.

Wooosh Splash

I closed my eyes as I saw the spear aproach rapidly only to hear to faint screams and felt small droplets of some liquid in my face I open my eyes to see the standing bodies of the bullies, with the horns on in there chest, then both bodies were being draged away towards the beast, so I decided to act.

???: Beast stop!

The motion of the dead bodies halted.

Yn POV

As I was draging the dead bodies of the kids I heard the voice from the tormented one

???: Beast stop!

Uh, I saved him and that is how he responds, to be fair I most likely acted on my animal instincts, yet a good act, maybe a bit overkill to... kill them.

Yn: Screch (Why should I ?)

???: Be-because you just hurt them, they might die!

Yn: Scree-(Does It mat-) Argch? (Did you understand me?)

???: Yes! Its my quirk!

Yn: Arggh (Even then, they are already dead, Im telling you that)

???: But why?

Yn: Eecchh (I was starving and you didn't seem to be in the best terms with both of them)

???: They didn't deserve to be killed!

Yn: Erkk (It doesn't matter Im just going to take good care of the bodies)

???: I wont allow you!

Yn: Erk Erk Erk Strehh (Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, how would you?)

???: You are more disobedient than the others

Yn: Scratyh (Disobedient? What was your quirk again?)

???: Emm, I can control ani-animals by speaking to th-them.

He said with slight fear in his voice seeing that his quirk didn't work against me

Yn: Screech (Just telling you, Im no animal)

???: Then, what are you?

Yn: Screeehhh (Im aaa-----I dont really know)

???: Wait, is It your quirk?

Yn: Scrraahh (No, It was supposed to be a bone eating)

???: Bone eating?

Yn: Screech (Yes, like a vulture)

???: Well, then you maybe turned into one because of your quirk

Yn: ... Screech! (Do you even know what a vulture looks like?!)

???: Umm, yes, ma-maybe you are just an upgraded one

Yn: Screch (Well, anyways Im going home to eat this pair, bye)

I said while ascending with help of the gases and, during a brief period I heard the, still stranger's voice.

???: Wait don-!

The voice was cut off by the distance that I already travelled.

My flight back to the den was "sloppy" to say the least, hitting trees and branches, the bodies were falling of my harpoons so I had to pick them up by my claws which made the already difficult task of flying worse, but I made It back, and I already encountered again the problem of landing. So I decided to eat in the ground and then try to fly up.

30 Minutes Later

I dont know if It was hunger, lack of meat in my diet or my animal form, but the human corpses were strangely filling and, dare I say, the human flesh tasted good, It must be my animalistic instincts, right? Yes, an animal wouldn't talk to a human.