33

I had never felt so euphoric in my entire life.

Everything that held me back, my morals, humanity, my emotions - they were all gone. I smiled as I stood on the stage and heard people screaming and running from me. All my worry, my stress, it was all gone. I suddenly could no longer remember why I saved this man in front of me.

Atlantic, his eyes looked me up and down, he was worried. He pushed himself to stand up as I stood, smiling. 

"Aria...?" he says my name softly. 

When he says my name, it all clicks, I feel it. This all-consuming darkness inside me, it was stronger than anything I had ever felt. As I look at his dark eyes and dark hair, I know that my time is limited, I can feel myself slowly dying from the inside out as my strength only grows stronger. This pit, this abyss, this darkness, it whispers in my ear. Kill them all.

"Little lamb," Atlantic tries to say to me as I turn to look at everybody running. "Are you alright, baby?"

His words mean nothing to me. I felt so free. So blissful. So empty. 

I started running after people. He calls after me, but I ignore him. I grab the first person I can and kill them, it makes me feel stronger, better. I don't stop there. I kill another person, then another, then another. I smile while I do it. Blood covers my face. I had never felt so free.

I turn to kill another person, but Atlantic, he stands there. In my way.

"Move, lover," I order. "Let me do what I must."

Kill until I die. That's what I need to do. I need to continue to kill, until I die. I should not be on this Earth. I am a monster. I realize it all now, this is my destiny, and I need to fulfill it. Make sure the Earth is rid of both he and I. 

"What the hell are you doing?" he asks me. I mutter something under my breath. I start to get annoyed.

But then, I have an idea. I see the way this boy looks at me. Even though right now, I feel something, I see it in his midnight eyes that he feels so much for me. Maybe I can use this. Have him kill people with me until I'm strong enough to kill him. 

"Join me," I say. I step toward him and wrap my arms around his neck. I look up at him innocently. "These people tried to kill us, Atlantic. Help me kill them all."

I remembered how badly he wanted revenge. I tried to present myself as the Aria he knew.

"What have they done to you," he whispers, and I know at that moment he sees straight through me. He knows me too well. He sees through the smoke and mirrors and knows the truth. 

"Wrong answer," I say. I stab something through his abdomen and use this moment to run away from him. And it works. The pain he feels gives me enough time to slip into the crowd as I ran away from him.

I smile so widely as I do. Covered in blood. Around people that fear me. 

This is what I was made for. To kill both of us. To save, that's why I was made. And getting us off the Earth would be the last thing I did, saving them all from us. 

I'm not strong enough yet to kill him. I need to kill more. My time is limited. I can't waste it.

I need to kill as many people as possible. 

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

2 weeks later.

A T L A N T I C

I watched as they took her from me.

Her eyes changed. Her smile changed. She wasn't the same. Her eyes, the whites of them were a mix of black and red blood, she was a version of herself that they created.