1

NOVEMBER 6, 2052.

WRITERS NAME: DR. ARIA REYES

ENTRY #1

SUBJECTS NAME: ATLANTIC SINCLAIR

I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE PLEASURE TO STUDY THE FIRST SUCCESSFUL SUBJECT OF THE TRIALS. HE SEEMS DANGEROUS, I'M WARNED TO NOT GET CLOSE. 

PAGE 1, PARAGRAPH 1....

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

I dressed up as a ghost for Halloween when I was seven. Wearing the costume myself didn't scare me. That was until one night, when my father thought it would be funny to put it on and scare me. I remember gripping the door frame, screaming in terror as he came towards me. 

The supernatural, that's what I was scared of. Scared of a being that was stronger than me, faster than me, that could kill me in an instant. 

With my clipboard in my hand, my heels echo against each wall. I scan my pass against the reader before the doors clicks and I'm allowed in. 

"Dr. Reyes," a nurse smiles at me as we cross paths under the harsh light. I smile back at her, my glossed lips shining as I continue to walk without missing a beat. My brown hair is tied back, usually I wear contacts, but today I have my glasses on. 

My heels continue to hit the floor as I walk the very long walk through the building. I have to scan my pass over 20 times before reaching the area. I pause as I finally reach the door. A slight pit forms in my stomach as I take a deep breath, blowing a face-framing strand of hair off my forehead. 

But I force myself to walk through that door. 

The five security guards stand in front of the patients room. They all turn to look at me as I enter. 

"He's all yours," one security guard says, gesturing his head toward the door. "We'll be out here if anything happens."

They all hold guns. Assault rifles, not pistols. And they all have two of them.

Despite my nerves, I force a smile at them. My heart is beating in my chest but none of them have any idea. I hold my hand against my chest as one of the guards opens the door for me to enter. 

The supernatural. What I was once terrified of, I now study. 

I now study Atlantic Sinclair. 

My ears ring, filled with white noise. I'm terrified. But nobody knows it, that's what I like. 

I step into the room. The walls are made of steel. My eyes look all around the room before they even land on him. Steel walls, steel floor, steel ceiling. There's a bed, a toilet, and a shitty shower. I'd compare it to a prison cell, but it's worse. 

My eyes finally land on him. He sits on the edge of his bed, chains shackled around his wrists and ankles. The chains are inches thick, and yet, he has broken out of them more than once. My breath gets stuck in my throat to see the man more feared than any weapon on Earth - a man more deadly than any weapon on Earth.

I jump slightly as the door shuts behind me. I clear my throat and grip my clipboard tightly. 

"Atlantic?" I finally speak. His eyes stare at the floor. "I'm Dr. Reyes. I'm here to ask you a few questions."