VI

Izuku sat in his room, wearing some earth clothing courtesy of Nezu, hair wet from his shower. He stared at the corner where a case sat. He hadn't opened it in all the years he had it, not since he lost his memory at least.

When he had first woken up, badly wounded and concussed, stumbling around the ruins of a corellian city, he had the case with him. The issue was that whenever he went to open it, it would almost... speak to him. It felt wrong, unnatural, it whispered promises of power and remembrance, and it hurt. God did it hurt. Whenever he would touch the latches he would be hit with a searing pain.

Alas he still kept it as he knew there was a reason he had taken this with him before attempting to escape whatever attack took the city with it. He had kept it when he was taken in by the Mandalorians, or what was left after the empire continued the ancient beef of the Jedi by culling a large portion of the population and enslaving the rest of the planet. He had it when he went off on his journey to find his home planet. He had it with him when he decided not to return...

And yet tonight, unlike many others, he was tempted to finally do it. To open the sleek case made from durasteel and lined with an extremely conducive electrum finish. The craftsmanship was excellent, Izuku knew something important was definitely within.

He stood up from his bed, walking over to the case and laying it flat on the ground in front of him where he got down on his knees. He put his left hand on the first latch, there it was. A searing pain only comparable to someone sticking a vibroblade directly into his brain. But he pushed through, groaning a little as he began to feel dizzy.

With a click the first latch snapped open, and after taking a minute to calm himself and shake off the pain pounding in his head, the second latch snapped open. Izuku, on his knees, began to open the case before being interrupted.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Izuku's focus on the case broke, his head turning towards the door. In his dazed state he scrambled over to his bed where he grabbed his helmet, sliding it on his head. Ugh, he hated wearing his helmet with wet hair, but this was what he had signed up for. He fastened his helmet and went to the door of his dorm and opened it.

"Heya Izuku! How ya doin?" Setsuna said flashing her million dollar shark toothed grin. "Wanted to see who was in the room next to mine" she said motioning to the room at the end of the hall, next to Izuku's.

She tried to see past Izuku into his room, but he was blocking her. She leaned left over his shoulder and as he shifted more, she detached her head and tossed it inside over his right shoulder and then her body promptly followed after Izuku turned around to find the head. Her head floated back up onto her body, reattaching to her torso.

"Wow nice room man" she said as she looked around at all the oddly futuristic stuff that cluttered his room. Izuku sighed, it would be annoying to keep his secret with people just strolling in his room but it would be 100x as annoying getting pestered by Setsuna to see his room. He plopped back down on his bed.

"Thanks" he said, looking over at her. She had a weird look on her face as she looked back.

"You REALLY don't take that thing off huh?" Setsuna said, sounding almost disappointed that she didn't get to see what was underneath.

"Not around others" Izuku said, he knew Setsuna would have no issues with how he looked but it wasn't her that kept him from taking the helmet off. It was his oath. "Don't take it as anything against you"

"Alright" Setsuna said, shrugging. She then laid eyes upon the recently unlocked case that sat on the floor of the dorm. "What's this?"

Izuku was hesitant, but she'd already seen the case, plus he didn't know either and now that his focus had been brought back to the case he realized he could ask for her help in opening it, lest he have to endure more pain. Then again what if it hurt her? He doubted it, many people have held it and even touched the latches without the reaction Izuku had. So he went for it.

"I'm not sure, but I know it's important to something in my past. Again, I'm not sure what that something is either" Izuku said "I was actually just about to look before you showed up, you can open it if you want just- be careful you know?"

Setsuna nodded, appreciating the seriousness of the situation and not fooling around. She knelt down and flipped it open, finding a shining silver cylinder. She had no clue what it was, but when she looked back at Izuku she saw him staring at the thing like he'd seen the devil's face himself in the case.

She reached forward and picked it up, rotating it and checking out all the ornate detail that looped around the metal rod. She reached for a small button on the rod, but was stopped by Izuku who had grabbed her wrist.

"Careful" Izuku said placing his other hand over the hand she was using to hold the rod. Slowly he turned the rod to be horizontal as opposed to pointing at her.
"There, if this is what I think it is you do NOT want the ends pointed at you"

"Can I..?" Setsuna looked at the helmet clad boy, and he nodded, removing his hands from hers. "Just press this?"

Izuku nodded and she pressed the button and the room was illuminated with a green hue, blades made of what seemed to be light itself extended from each side of the rod.

"A lightsaber" Izuku gasped

"What's that..?" Setsuna asked

"The weapon of the Jedi... the enforcers of Republic rule" Setsuna didn't understand anything he was talking about but she reached out to the light, was it a solid light source? Actual light? She wanted to find out.

"SETSUNA STOP"

////////////////////////////////

Me again!!!!!
      -0kHomie :3