Life goes on? right?

Y/n hugged Ella tightly, feeling the warmth of her friend's embrace enveloping her. "Don't worry, I'll be good, and I'll miss you too," she said softly, her voice filled with genuine affection. Ella held onto her as her life depended on it, reluctant to let her go.

As Y/n prepared to leave for Incheon, where her uncle and aunt lived, Jungkook appeared at the house's entrance, surprising her. She looked at him in confusion, about to protest that she could hail a cab, but he cut her off.

"Come on, hop in my car. I'm heading near the station," he said casually, but Y/n sensed an underlying sadness in his tone, knowing that he would miss her too.

Soon they were in the car, the uncomfortable silence weighing heavily between them. Jungkook broke the silence, attempting to make conversation as he drove.

"So, where are you planning to apply for jobs... I mean, for your job search?" he asked, his voice slightly hesitant.

Y/n hesitated for a moment before responding, her words rushing out in a single breath. "I... don't know... I'll look for options after the results. You know, GPA is important..." Her voice trailed off, and the rest of the ride was filled with stifling silence.

When they reached the station, Y/n began to unbuckle her seatbelt, but she stopped when Jungkook spoke up once more.

"I'll give you a job. Just give me a call," he started, his voice tinged with a hint of arrogance. "Good salary, good training... it'll be beneficial for you."

Y/n's expression tightened as she cut him off. "Thank you, but I don't want a job like that... with connections. I want to earn it on my own merits."

"You are earning it on your own. You're my sister's best friend," Jungkook retorted, his tone bordering on arrogance.

"Being your sister's best friend isn't what got me this," Y/n shot back, disbelief coloring her voice.

The tension between them hung thick in the air, the unspoken words lingering between them like a palpable force. Jungkook's arrogance grated on Y/n's nerves, his assumption that she was only with Ella for money and fame stinging her deeply.

As Y/n stepped out of the car, a whirlwind of emotions swirled within her. Frustration, disappointment, and a profound sense of sadness weighed heavily on her heart. She had always admired Jungkook and looked up to him with a reverence that bordered on idolization. But his arrogance and dismissiveness towards her aspirations shattered the pedestal upon which she had placed him, leaving her feeling disillusioned and hurt.

Unable to contain her turmoil, Y/n turned towards Jungkook, who was busy retrieving her bags and luggage from the back of the car. Her voice trembled with emotion as she confronted him, her eyes betraying the depth of her sorrow.

"Is this what you think of me?" Y/n's words hung in the air, heavy with disappointment and disbelief. She had never imagined that Jungkook would view her in such a light, reducing her worth to mere associations with wealth and fame.

Jungkook paused, his expression a mixture of frustration and defiance as he met her gaze. "Everybody... every friend, every relative, they're all in our favor because we Jeons have money. No friend of mine is true, Y/n. None. They're with us because of our fame. They wouldn't even bother to acknowledge us if we didn't have it. Just like Ella," he spoke with a bitterness that cut deep.

His words pierced Y/n's heart like daggers, each syllable carrying the weight of his disillusionment. Tears welled in her eyes as she listened, the truth of his words hitting her with a force she couldn't ignore.

"But I couldn't help it," Jungkook continued, his voice softening slightly as he approached her. "And I'm offering you a lifetime fortune, and like a heroine, you're rejecting it. Do you think this will gain my attention?" His tone held a hint of frustration, a plea for understanding buried beneath layers of pride and ego.

Y/n's heart ached at his words, the pain of his accusations cutting deep into her soul. She struggled to find the right words, her voice barely above a whisper as she spoke.

"If this is what you think of me... okay then," she said, her voice heavy with resignation. With a heavy heart, she turned away from him, her eyes downcast as she reached for her bags and luggage.

"Asshole," she muttered under her breath, her words dripping with frustration and hurt. As she walked away, the weight of disappointment settled on her shoulders, the sting of his words lingering in her mind. But she turned towards him again, finding him still standing in the same spot. Anger boiled within her, fueling her words as she confronted him.

"You have no fucking right to accuse me like this! You have no fucking right!" Y/n's voice rang out, strong and defiant. "I have been with her for over a decade! And I don't appreciate that fucking tone you used with me! Remember, I am your sister's best friend, not your slut!"

He stepped forward towards her, his gaze piercing as he closed the distance between them. The people passing by in the parking lot glanced at them, sensing the tension in the air. His eyes bore into hers as if searching her soul for answers.

"Because I am her brother, her older brother," he stated firmly, his voice tinged with conclusion."Then stay within your limits! Don't cross the line!" Y/n barked back at him, her voice firm and resolute.

"My line?" He questioned. "Okay, I crossed it today. But what about you?" he asked her, his tone challenging.

Y/n met his gaze head-on, her eyes ablaze with defiance. "What about me?" she retorted, her voice tinged with anger. "I'm standing up for myself against your baseless accusations and disrespect. That's what I'm doing."

"Gosh, I never want to see you again," she declared, her words laced with frustration and hurt. With that, she turned on her heel and walked inside the station, leaving Jungkook standing alone in the parking lot.