Drunken Kisses

Jungkook looked at her as she walked away. He couldn't brush off the thought of Ella comforting him a few weeks back.

Flashback:

Jungkook was seated in his assigned office, taking charge of the Jeon Corporation. Ella barged in as if she owned the place, which, in a way, she did. "I'm off until lunch," Ella muttered, preoccupied with a call, as she settled onto the sofa in the room. Her eyes rolled dramatically as she listened to the caller. Sensing her irritation, Jungkook stood up, puzzled.

"What?" Jungkook asked, annoyed by her attitude.

"It's you, isn't it?" Ella cut the call and turned her attention to Jungkook, her voice tinged with frustration and concern.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook responded, his tone defensive.

"I looked into it, and because of you, my best friend is sad and stressed. What do you hope to gain from this?" Ella snorted, her voice laced with indignation. "Do something about her, or I'll take matters into my own hands."

 "I'll do something until -" he promised, his voice tinged with determination.

"Why?" Ella pressed, her tone softer now. "Why are you doing this? Not everybody is like..."

Jungkook sighed, understanding Ella's unspoken concern. "I'll do it because she matters," he replied, his voice quieter now. "And because you matter to me."

"It's not me, Oppa!" Ella muttered, her frustration evident in her voice

"I don't know what games you're playing, but you can't play with her like that," Ella asserted firmly. "You think I'm playing?" Jungkook snapped back, his voice sharp with frustration

 "I don't know what's going on, but whatever it is, sort it out. She doesn't deserve to be dragged into whatever mess you've got going on."

"I was mad at her, okay!" Jungkook finally admitted, frustration evident in his voice. "I was damn mad because she rejected my offer."

Ella's eyes widened in surprise, her brows furrowing. "Offer? What offer?"

Jungkook hesitated, realizing he might have said more than he intended. "It's nothing," he replied quickly, trying to brush it off.

But Ella wasn't one to be easily dismissed. "Nothing? Jungkook, if it's bothering you this much, it's not nothing."

Jungkook sighed, feeling the weight of his sister's gaze. He knew he couldn't keep it from her any longer. "I offered her a job at the company," he confessed, his voice barely above a whisper. "But she turned it down."

_

Jungkook hesitated for a moment, his hand hovering over the doorknob of Y/n's room. His mind raced with conflicting thoughts and emotions. Finally, he muttered, "Fuck it," and turned the knob, pushing the door open. He saw her making the bed. "Hey Y/n," the low voice behind her made her jump. "Hey, it's just me, milady. No need to jump."

"Oh, sorry," Y/n smiled up at him shyly. No matter what, she always smiles, even when someone hurts her, Jungkook thought. He was a bit drunk himself, though Y/n seemed tipsy, he could tell by the pink hue on her cheeks and the dusting of freckles that made her look ravishing.

He sat on her bed as he watched her arrange her belongings. "Breathe, Y/n," he encouraged softly. "Tomorrow is the end of the week. Just one day of work, and then it's the weekend," he said, trying to offer some reassurance.

"Yeah," she replied, trying to steady her racing heart. Jungkook was in her bedroom, seated on her bed. Breathe, Y/n, breathe, she silently coached herself, willing herself to remain calm.

"What's this?" Jungkook picked up her journal, and Y/n's pulse quickened. She prayed silently that he wouldn't open it. Please, God, don't let Jungkook see any of my entries about how much I love him, she pleaded internally.

"It's my journal," she answered, reaching out to retrieve it from his hands.

"Ah," he grinned. "Pining away for your boyfriend, are you?"

"I don't have a boyfriend," she replied quickly.

"Unrequited love?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow, his tone playful. "He'd be a fool to turn you down."

"Thanks," she said, eyeing him warily as he sat on her bed. She wondered what he was waiting for. "I don't even think he knows I exist."

"Then he's an idiot," Jungkook remarked, patting the spot beside him on the bed. "Don't worry about him, Y/n. There will be plenty of other guys."

"Yeah," she agreed, moving to sit beside him, mindful not to get too close. However, Jungkook still reached for her hands and held them in his. "You're a beautiful girl. Any guy would be lucky to date you."

Y/n gazed at him, her mind swirling with conflicting thoughts. Does he want to date me? she wondered silently, hoping for some indication of his true feelings. Isn't that how it's supposed to happen in movies? She studied his lips, considering the possibility of kissing him. She licked her lips nervously, contemplating taking the bold step.  But she was goddamn tipsy. She's gonna regret it, dang.

Jungkook's voice was low, his words breaking through the tension.

"This reminds me of old times," he said, his tone nostalgic.

Y/n looked at him, confusion evident in her expression. "Huh?" she responded, puzzled.

"When you'd come running to my room because you were scared of the creaks," he explained, a grin playing on his lips.

Y/n's memory failed her momentarily. "I don't remember that," she admitted.

"It was the first couple of times you stayed over. You were scared of the noises. I would comfort you," he recalled.

"Oh," she replied softly, the memories flooding back to her.

"Yeah," he continued, laying back on her bed and closing his eyes. "It seems like such a long time ago now."

"Indeed," she agreed, leaning back as her shoulders brushed against his. "We were just kids then."

"Well, you're still a kid. I'm an old man now," he joked.

"I'm not a kid," Y/n retorted indignantly. "I'm 23, you know."

Jungkook turned to face her, their eyes locking in an intense gaze. Y/n held her breath as he stared deeply into her eyes, their proximity sending shivers down her spine. "23 is still a kid," he teased.

"No, it's not," she pouted, her voice adamant.

"If you are still pouting, you're still a kid," he chuckled.

"I'm not a kid," Y/n insisted, moving closer to him, her heart pounding in her chest.

"I'm too old for you, Y/n," he said, his gaze fixed on her mouth.

"I'm not a kid," she repeated, her face inches away from his, their breath mingling in the air. "I'm not..."

Her voice trailed off as Jungkook leaned in, closing the distance between them, and kissed her softly on the lips.