Jealous Jealousy

Jungkook drove back home, his frustration palpable. He was seething with anger at Y/n for the incident with the dating app yesterday, which Ella had brought up in the car. He had pretended not to hear, keeping his composure for his sister's sake, but being alone only fueled his rage. He knew he had disrespected her, and hurt her deeply, and the weight of his actions weighed heavily on his conscience.

The drive home felt longer than usual, each passing mile amplifying Jungkook's turmoil. He couldn't shake off the guilt that gnawed at him, a constant reminder of his lapse in judgment. The memory of Y/n's defiant stare and sharp words echoed in his mind, stirring a mix of regret and frustration.

As he pulled into the driveway of their family mansion, Jungkook's shoulders sagged under the weight of his emotions. He knew he had to confront the consequences of his actions, to make amends for the hurt he had caused. Yet, the prospect of facing Y/n's disappointment filled him with unease.

Entering the silent house, Jungkook's footsteps echoed in the grand foyer, the emptiness of the surroundings mirroring the void within him. He sought solace in the familiar corridors, grappling with the turmoil of conflicting emotions.

Sinking onto the couch in the living room, Jungkook let out a heavy sigh, his thoughts consumed by the events of the day. He replayed the heated exchange with Y/n in his mind, grappling with the realization of his shortcomings.

Deep down, he knew that his actions had stemmed from a place of protectiveness towards Ella, his beloved sister. But in his fervor to shield her, he had overlooked the impact of his words on Y/n, his sister's closest friend.

Two months later, Y/n stepped out of the Kim Corporation, her spirits weighed down by the outcome of the internship interview. It hadn't gone well, and the looming specter of the finals and the impending results added to her stress. She sighed heavily as she glanced at the bustling crowd, feeling the weight of disappointment settle upon her shoulders. Despite her good GPA, no company seemed willing to accept her. Messages of "better luck next time" were becoming all too familiar, leaving her frustrated and bewildered.

What the heck was happening? While Ella, with her wealth and connections, had successfully opened her own boutique and launched her own brand, thriving in the world of business, Y/n found herself hitting dead ends at every turn. Ella had been incessantly urging Y/n to join her in building her brand, but Y/n staunchly refused. She couldn't bring herself to rely on connections or wealth to pave her path; she wanted to carve out her own success on merit and hard work.

Lost in thought, Y/n considered her options. The idea of pursuing a Ph.D. in business crossed her mind, but the exorbitant costs of the program and her family's financial constraints loomed large. Her aunt and uncle had already extended their generosity to support her during her Bachelor's degree in business, despite having two sons studying in Japan.

Dressed in her barista uniform, Y/n greeted customers with a warm smile, deftly handling orders and serving drinks with practiced ease. Part-time work seemed to be her only option for now, a temporary solution to her current predicament. As her shift neared its end, Y/n changed back into her own clothes and stepped out of the cafe, the familiar routine of her daily life unfolding before her.

As she came out from the cafe, she spotted Ella's car pulling up, and her friend walked towards her with open arms, enveloping Y/n in a tight hug. The warmth of Ella's embrace offered a momentary respite from the uncertainties that weighed heavily on Y/n's mind.

"Hey, Y/n! How was work today?" Ella chirped, her voice filled with genuine concern as she pulled away from the hug, studying Y/n's expression closely.

Y/n managed a small smile, though fatigue and frustration lingered beneath the surface. "It was alright, just the usual hustle and bustle," she replied, trying to sound upbeat despite the lingering worries about her job prospects.

Ella sensed Y/n's underlying tension and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "You know, Y/n, you don't have to shoulder everything on your own. I'm here for you, always."

Y/n's heart warmed at Ella's words, grateful for the unwavering support of her friend. "Thanks, Ella. I appreciate it," she murmured, her voice tinged with gratitude.

Ella flashed a bright smile, her blue eyes shimmering with optimism. "So, what's the plan for tonight? Netflix? dinner? or party and get banged by big guys!" 

Y/n couldn't help but chuckle at Ella's exuberance, her friend's energy infectious even amid uncertainty. "How about we keep it simple tonight? Netflix and dinner sound perfect," she suggested with a smile, appreciating the simplicity of spending quality time together.

Ella rolled her eyes playfully. "Alright, Netflix it is! But if we get bored, we're crashing that party down the street," she teased, her mischievous grin widening.

An hour later, Y/n found herself slouched over the counter, her hands resting limply while her upper body lay across the stool. She sniffled, feeling the weight of her frustrations settling heavily upon her. Meanwhile, Ella sipped her drink casually, her tolerance much higher than Y/n's.

"I don't know... why... I can't get the jobs," Y/n mumbled in a drunken slur, her words slurring together in her inebriated state.

They decided to crash at Ella's apartment, opting to watch some series together instead. As they settled in, Ella glanced at Y/n with a playful smirk. "Come on, I'll hire you then...but you don't even want to work for me," she teased.

"NO!... Nope..." Y/n responded, sitting up straight on the kitchen stool. "That jerk... Juuaangook will think I am taking advaaannteage aff yau"

"What? Jungkook Oppa?" Ella asked in disbelief, her expression turning concerned. "That ass... aishh, did he say anything to you?"

Y/n shook her head, her frustration was evident. "Not directly, but his attitude... it's like he thinks I'm only here for his sister's fame and money," she explained, a hint of bitterness creeping into her tone. "WHAT! WHEN? WHERE?" Ella exclaimed, jumping in surprise. Y/n being drunk was the worst scenario as she tended to spill the beans whenever intoxicated.

Y/n groaned, realizing she had said too much. "I don't remember the details... it was a while ago," she muttered, trying to downplay the situation.

Ella's concern deepened as she observed Y/n's demeanor. "You need to talk to him, Y/n. Clear things up. He can't just go around assuming things about you," she insisted, her voice filled with determination.

Y/n sighed, feeling the weight of her friend's words. "I don't know, Ella... it's complicated," she murmured, her thoughts swirling in confusion and frustration. "that bitch," Ella murmured under her breath, her frustration evident.

But Y/n misheard. "Bitch? Beach? Oh! But he is a hot beach... ahhh-hmmm, Jungkook," Y/n said aloud, causing Ella to be shocked. It was the first time Y/n spoke like that about her brother.

"You think that bunny-looking guy who is my brother is hot?" Ella asked incredulously, her eyebrows raised in surprise.

Drunk and sleepy, Y/n nodded with a smile, affirming Ella's question.