CHAPTER 12

ALEX

"Stay here," I instruct Hannah before stepping out to meet the person who knocked.

"I'm so sorry, sir. I just realized we asked Miss Hannah to go into the wrong dressing room," the clerk explains apologetically.

"What do you mean?" I ask, feeling confused.

"Miss Hannah's dress is actually in fitting room 5, not 1," she clarifies.

"Oh," I respond, understanding the situation. Does that mean I was wrong in my assumption?

"Yes, you were," Eden interjects in my mind. "The poor girl was innocent, and you punished her."

"Getting face-fucked isn't really a punishment, in my defense," I retort.

"Because she was trembling with need?" Eden counters, his tone tinged with sarcasm.

"Yes," I admit.

Eden rolls his eyes in response.

"What do you think about her?" I ask, changing the subject.

"I feel the connection, but it was a lot to take after just losing one mate," Eden responds.

"Same way I feel," I agree.

"I doubt. Your dick has been in her pussy and mouth in the last hours," Eden counters.

"And if I remember correctly, who was the one who didn't stop me?" I remind him.

"I hate you," Eden jokes.

"Same," I reply, and we both burst out laughing. We weren't ready to fully accept Hannah as our mate, even though we couldn't resist her.

"But there is also something I didn't understand," I continue after our laughter subsides.

"What's that?" Eden inquires.