Chapter Three - The Boy And Girl In The Iceberg

Water... Earth... Fire... Water....

My grandmother use to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar and Legend kept balance between the Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation and Air Nomad. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Only the Avatar and Legend mastered all four elements. Only they could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed them most, they vanished.

A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Four years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after the tribe.

Some people believe that the Avatar and Legend was never reborn into the Air Nomads and that the cycle is broken, but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow, that someday the Avatar and Legend will return to save the world.

--------------------------

"It's not getting away from me this time" Grumbled a Boy around the age of nineteen and wearing a male Water Tribe clothing said as he looked into the water and glared at the fish that was mocking him "Watch and learn Katara. This is how you can catch a fish" He said smirking slightly as he lifted his spear into the air, not noticing his sister lean over the edge of the canoe to look into the water before leaning back and motioning her hand, causing a globe of water containing a fish to float out of the ocean.

"SOKKA, LOOK!" A seventeen year old Katara who was wearing a female Water Tribe clothing said as she looked at brother.

"Shhh" Hushed Sokka whispering "Katara, you're gonna scare it away. Mmm... I can already smell it cooking" He said drooling.

"But Sokka! I caught one!" Said Katara as she struggled to lift the globe of water towards her brother just for him to suddenly lift his spear and pop it "HEY!" She said annoyed.

"Ugh! Katara, why is it everytime you play with magic water I'm the one who gets soaked?" Sokka asked as he turned to look at his sister, water dripping off his form.

"It's not magic. It's waterbending and it's..." Katara started.

Sokka cut her off  "Yeah, yeah, an ancient art unique to our culture, blah blah blah" He said cutting her off as he shook his head making the water fall from him "Look, all I'm saying is that if I had weird powers I would keep my weirdness to myself" Making Katara scroff.

"You're calling me weird really" Katara said with a raised eyebrow "I'm not the one making muscles at myself every time I see my reflection in the water" She said watching as Sokka did just that before he stopped and turned to give her a look.

"Oh sh..." Started Sokka just for the canoe to suddenly launch forwards "Wah? Did we just hit something?" He asked looking away and looking around making Katara shrug before she suddenly started screaming when she noticed where they were heading making Sokka quickly turn away to see her looking pale "Katara! What happened? Why are you screa..."

"SOKKA! LOOK OUT! IN FRONT OF YOU!" Interrupted Katara making Sokka turn back around quickly to see that the icebergs were coming straight at them causing him to go wide-eyed and start frantically manevuring the canoe "WE'RE GOING TO CRASH!" She yelled screaming.

"Shut up Katara! We're not going to cra..." Started Sokka just to be cut off when a sudden wave of water hit them making them both cough as they carried on paddling.

Katara eyes widened "SOKKA GO LEFT! GO LEFT!" She yelled just for them to suddenly crash and fly out of the canoe and into the snow.

"Ouch... That hurt" Groaned Sokka rubbing his head as he sat up "Katara?" He said looking around "KATARA? WHERE ARE YOU?"