Chapter Four - The Return Of The Avatar And Legend

"APPA!" Shouted Aang in thought as he quickly spotted the fluffy companion and swam over just to gasp when he saw Alexa floating and not moving a little further away "ALEXA!" He yelled and started to swim over just to find he couldn't move causing him to start panicking "ALEXA!... ALEXA!" He screamed still trying to swim over to her, only for her to suddenly disappear in front of his eyes making him stop and looking around before swimming once more just for his eyes to suddenly close making him wake up in a panic "AHHH!" Cried out Aang as he airbended on his feet and look around "ALEXA! He shouted "ALEXA!"

"AANG!" Yelled Alexa from outside making him turn to the exit just for him to tumble back when Alexa run in and straight into him "Aang?" She whispered looking at her best friend "Are you okay? Why did you scream?"

"Alexa, I... I thought, I lost you. I couldn't save you and... And..." Stuttered Aang.

"I'm here nothing happened to me Aang" Alexa said hugging him tightly "I'm safe Aang, you ain't going to lose me any time soon okay" She hushed reassuring him.

Aang hugged her closer "Are you sure your okay?" He asked her making her smile.

"I'm fine, I promise" Alexa said smiling gently at him before she pulling away and looking at her more "But the question is though are you okay?" She asked frowning slightly as she looked him up and down.

Aang shook his head "I'm fine, I feel like I slept for a very long time"

Alexa laughed "Let's head..." She started to say but was cut off by the opening of curtains behind her causing them to turn and look to see Katara and Sokka.

"Hey you two" Sokka said looking at them "I see you're awake now Aang" Making Aang look at Alexa in confusion then back again at the two people with raised eyebrows.

"Oh... Right, Aang meet Katara and Sokka" Said Alexa pointing at the brother and sister "Katara, Sokka the now awoken Aang"

"I assuming these people are how we got here?" Aang asked looking at Alexa who nodded quickly in reply causing Aang to nod and step forwards before bowing "Thank you" He said as he straightened up and stepped back but not before pulling Alexa into his side causing her to look up at him then the sibling with a shrug.

"Yes, thank you for saving us by the way. I never got to thank you for getting us out of that ice as I fell asleep as soon as we got here so thank you again"

"Wait? Ice? We were frozen?" Aang asked before what Alexa said registed in his head and he quickly looked down "When did you get up? You better have slept longer than a few hours Alexa"

"To asking your question, yes we were frozen" Alexa said before quickly ansering the next one "And a few minutes before you did Aang and I did, I promise" She said looking away from him not noticing Katara and Sokka look at each other then back at Aang and Alexa before Sokka walked passed his sister and leaned forwards.

"So where are you from? I never got to ask that earlier and what are you two anyway? A bender? A non-bender? You have to be Alexa as you did something weird earlier but I'm not sure about you though" Sokka asked looking at both of the teens making Aang and Alexa look at each other for a while before nodding and turning to look at the siblings.

"We're airbenders" Aang said "And where we come from is the Southern Air Temple" He said answering Sokka's question as he pulled Alexa towards him and stepped back.

Sokka's eyes widened "But... But... But... How?!" He stuttered making Katara shake her head at her brother.

"What my doofus of a brother is trying to say is that we are thrilled to have two Air Nomads in our village" Katara said smiling at Aang and Alexa making them smile back nervously.