Chapter 43

Salaam guys, can you please keep me in your duas. I really really need it right now. Thanks and enjoy the chapter❤️

A blaring ringtone echoed throughout the small room.

"Mikhail." Alayna called out, yet the man was completely out of it.

However, the phone was relentless.

Wanting to sleep some more, she did the only thing that felt reasonable.

She kicked him off the bed.

She watched as he rose from the floor in a panic, looking around in fear.

"What happened?"

"Nothing." And she simply turned over.

He grabbed his phone and went to the bathroom.

After a good ten minutes of muffled talking, that stopped her from falling asleep again.

His tensed voice brought her down to reality.

She gulped, trying to revive her dry throat.

Eventually, he came flying out of the bathroom, frantically looking for his clothes and belongings.

He had pulled his clothes on and had armed himself generously.

"Nic called, and his men found out who attacked our house."

She sat up, looking him in the eye.

"I don't like him."

"We don't have to like the people that are trying to help us."

"How can we be so sure that he is helping us?"

She spoke again: "I don't trust him."

"But I do, Alayna, and I need to know who did it. I've left these for your safety." He pointed to a knife and a gun and said, "See you soon." And he strode to the door and out of her sight.

"Please don't leave." She quietly begged; she could remember her young self silently beg him to stay with her. But every time she tried to speak out, her tongue would betray her.

It was happening again, but this time, there was so much more on the line.

Why were they so delusional about the fact that their pasts wouldn't catch up?

It had caught up to them, and now it was holding them by their necks.

*

Hours had passed, and there was no sign of him.

She sat in expectation, in anticipation, that he would knock on that door and pull her into his arms. They would go back to their normal lives, and this would all be just one bad nightmare.

Another hour passed.

Nothing.

She felt like she was going mad.