Alfred's Wishes

(Wayne Manor)

Alfred: "Good morning, Miss Kyle! Though I suppose I won't be greeting you the same for much longer!"

Selina: "Alfred..why are you doing this? Trying to force this whole thing on us?"

Alfred: "Master Bruce's happiness means everything to me. I will not sit idly by while you two push each other away."

Selina: "This is starting to feel like an arranged marriage."

Alfred: "Think of it as a gentle nudge in the right direction. Now, where is Master Bruce?"

Selina: "Where do you think?"

(Alfred sighed)

(The Bat Cave)

(Bruce was working on the Bat Computer when Alfred walked in)

Alfred: "Don't you have a fiancee to attend to, sir?"

Bruce: "That'd require a proposal. Which would also require a relationship."

Alfred: "I seem to recall you personally escorting her to the master bedroom some months ago."

Bruce: "Alfred..you can't do this. This wedding isn't happening."

Alfred: "I can and it shall. You deserve to be happy, sir. I'll do whatever it takes to make that happen."

Bruce: "It's not up to you."

Alfred: "You're right. It is up to you. To give life a chance. To give yourself a chance!"

Bruce: "Any happiness I could have died when I was eight years old."

(Alfred was taken aback)

(Bruce got up and walked past him)

Bruce: "You of all people should know that."