Chapter 4

Silence has spread over our small group. 

It has been two weeks since the creep got shoved into this room.

With the creep and I, it is just out of pettiness, but with me and Juliette....we are silent simply because we have nothing to talk about.

Scratching no longer fills this concrete room, and nobody moves anymore.

But, during the night, something drives the silence away.

I wake up in a cold sweat.

A muffled, but blood curdling, scream rings from somewhere in the asylum.

I sit up slowly and wrap my arms around my knees. I breath in and out heavily. I look at Juliette, still sound asleep, her hair covering her face.

"Does that happen often?"

I whip my head towards the opposite corner.

"What?" I ask stupidly.

"Does that....does the screaming happen a lot?"

I nod, "Yeah, like, twice every week.?

Creepy raises his eyebrows, "Really?"

I chuckle. "I don't know, this is an insane asylum. You think for yourself, but...you really didn't notice?"

He laugh and says, "I guess not."

A moment passes and the silence lingers around before disappearing again.

"What's your name?" Creepy asks.

I look at him and narrow my eyes. "Why do you want to know my name? That seems kind of weird..."

He pauses, his movements frozen in time. 

"I'll tell you my name, is you tell me yours."

I look at him, "You first."

He runs a hand though his hair, while his cobalt blues stare at me with a hint of curiosity. 

"Adam Kent."

I look back at him with wide eyes as a wave of realization rushes through my veins. 

I smile, my obviously failed attempt to hide my surprise, and cross my arms.

"We are doing last name too? That's really formal."

Adam laughs, "Just shut up and say your name."

I roll my eyes and smile. "Y/n.....Ferrars."

Something shifts in Adam's figure. I can't tell is it's the way his eyes look at me, or the way his muscles loose all the tension they held, or how his small smile becomes more of a comfortable grin.

"You have a cool last name."

"Thanks," I say.

He looks at me with some sort of certainty that puts me on edge.

My hands start to shake for no apparent reason. I press them into fists, but that doesn't seem to stop them from trembling. 

I do suppose it is quite cold in this small, claustrophobic room. 

My shoulder and legs start to quake. 

My face is drenched in sweat from waking up. My back is wet, and so is my hair, which isn't really helping the fact that I'm trying to stay warm.

"Are you okay?" Adam asks.

I look up at him, but not at his face.

His chest

Is bare.

"Hey, hey, are you okay?" He asks again.

I smile to ty and hide the fear that is flooding my senses.

"I think so."

I am not okay. Quite the opposite, actually.

"You think so? That doesn't sound very sure..."

I clench my eyes closed and try to focus on keeping warm. A small breeze floats around the room, warming me up only a little.

"Y/n, come here," Adam says, holding his arms out.

I open my eyes and stare at him.

"Come here," he says again with more authority, but still as softly as possible.

I blink a few times before crawling over to him. I sit next to him, but he does something I don't expect.

He hugs me.

He hugs me, and his body is warm. His toned arms wrap around me and pull me closer to him. His warmth is a blanket and it surrounds me with purity.

I feel safe.

I feel like I could do a million things at the same time.