~Is this a cinderella story? I can't tell... {♡♡Valentine's special♡♡}~

AN~ ♡♡Hey everyone! I have decided to do fillers and specials for events now in between the actual plot, so this story is NOTHING to do with everything going on in the main one. As it is •○♡Valentines♡○•, I have decided to give you all this special.
With lots of ♡love♡,
♡Creme Brûlée.♡

Ps~, please enjoy!♡♡

.
.
.

'How did I get here again... oh wait, this is my house.'

As you began to raise your head from your brick-like mattress, the door to where you stayed creaked open.
"Good morning, Kito. Are you awake?" A familiar woman with long black hair messily caught up, and a pair of black-rimmed glasses smiled at you. "I'm going into the city to get some food soon. Do you want to come?"
"Sure." You replied lazily, still rubbing your weary eyes.

After a few minutes, you managed to get yourself out of bed and get ready for your excursion. You tied your hair in its usual bun and then propped your blade's sheath strap over your shoulder. {Outfit reference at the top of the chapter(from pinterest)}

When you had made your way down the cottage stairs, you saw your mother seated at the little table beside the kitchen. She had her woven basket empty next to her and an envelope in her hands.
"Kayama, what's that?" You questioned her, going to stand with her.
"It's a letter addressed to the both of us."
"Then open it. You didn't have to wait for me." You said back.
"(Y/N), look closely at the seal." She told you, causing you to raise an eyebrow at her.

As she gave you the letter, you carefully examined the familiar crest, but you still couldn't tell what it was.
"What about it?"
"It's the royal seal." She answered, but when Kayama saw your still baffled expression, she further explained. "Meaning that it's from the royal palace."
"Why would they send us a letter...?"
"Well, we have to open it to see." And with that, she neatly flipped up the triangular fold and took out the note. "It says,

'Dear Miss Nemuri Kayama and (Y/N) Tokito,
In a week's time, there will be a royal banquet to celebrate the Crowned Prince's birthday. You both are welcome to attend.
Yours sincerely,
Enji Todoroki, His royal majesty the king.'"

Once your mother had finished reading the contents of the letter aloud, you both stood in silence.
"I'm going back to bed..." You then began your ascent up the steps.

.
.
.

It was now midday as both you and Kayama treaded upon the cobbled paths of the outer city's streets. The smell of freshly baked bread and smoked fish caught your nose as the two of you walked.

Upon reaching the familiar bakery, you rushed in before your mom with the hopes of seeing your friend. At the counter stood a brown haired girl with shoulder-length hair and an apron. When your eyes met, she immediately ran from around the front desk and squeezed you into a tight hug.

"(Y/N)! Good morning!" She greeted.
"Morning Ochako." You hugged back. "Have Mina and Asui stopped by yet?" You asked her, now just stood in front of her, as she shook her head.
"They said that they were going to come around this time yesterday -" She was cut off by the sudden tug on both of your shoulders.
"Good morning, (Y/N), Ochako!" The said green haired girl greeted as the pink one continued her embrace.
"Morning!"
"Tsu, Mina, hello!" Uraraka smiled.
"Morning."

As the group of you had finally arrived, Kayama allowed you to stay with them whilst she continued shopping. Uraraka also went to get permission from her parents to be able to hang out with the rest of you.

As the four of you walked around the busy lanes, you spoke about anything that came to mind.
"Oh, guys, did any of you get a letter this morning?" Mina asked curiously as you all nodded.
"Yeah, I did. I was curious at first as it had the royal seal." Asui said.
"Mine came last night, actually, but I was too scared to open it until this morning..." Ochako admitted with a sigh.