Prologue

"Careful bambina," Andrea's voice echoes as he catches Silvina mid air when she tries to jump off the counter.

"what were you doing? you could've gotten hurt" He asks filled with worry as he holds her close to him, as she cries into his shoulder due to the shock.

Andrea, being the oldest, was the closest to Sylvie, they were the inseparable duo of the house, wherever he went, she followed, whatever she asked for, he'd get it for her, whenever he was hurt, she'd cry, whenever she cried, he'd be there to console her. 

They were glued to eachother most of the time. And Grace Bernardi, their mom used to call them the "Bonnie and Clyde" of the house because of all the mischief they'd do around the house. 

"What happened" Grace called out rushing to the kitchen in worry, "nothing mama, just Sylvie being  Sylvie" Andrea replied as he placed Sylvie in his mother's arms.

"Oh thank god," picking up Sylvie and cuddling her, "per favore stai piu attento, mia cara" (please be more careful, my dear)

Holding her close she swayed around to the soft tunes she hummed through the silence as the rain pours outside the house. Slowly Sylvie calmed down resting her head onto her mother's shoulder wrapped around in the comfort blanket of her arms, unaware of the change that's gonna take place in her life. 

later that evening

"You cannot expect me to agree to this, amore mio" (my love) Leonardo cried, "e di nostra figlia che stai parlando" (that's our daughter you're talking about) he said unaware of the little ears listening to their conversation outside the room. 

"But you know I'm right Leo, it's hard for me to leave my children as well, but we have to do it for her" she replied holding onto his hand, "Even I don't want this, but if we want our daughter to be safe, we have to do this, you know it" tears slowly pool up in her eyes. 

That night Grace ran away with the little Sylvie in her hands, wrapped up in a warm blanket. 

"you'll meet them soon, Bambina," she whispered, "just need to stay away for a while, ok, you'll be fine, mama is always here for you." 

The boys knew this was coming, but none of them were ready for it, all of them lost a part of their soul that day, and were waiting for the day their soul would be a whole again.