~ 2 ~

Sylvie

"Andrea will drop your mother at rehab and meet us at the house later," I look up from my plate as he says those words, "Isn't she your mama as well, why do you keep calling her 'your mom' or like before when you called her 'grace'" I put a bite of my chocolate chip pancake in my mouth. 

"She was our mom only until you were born, she changed after that" He said looking at anything other than my eyes in the moment, like he didn't want me to continue the topic, so I dropped it. 

I understand their point of view as well, it must've been shit if one of your parents took off one night with one of your siblings. Right now I don't think any of us are in the mood to talk.

I mentally make a not to not bring up mam in front of any of my brothers at home, I don't think any of us are ready to talk about it.  

I really just want to disappear, maybe enter a coma again, those 8 days were pure bliss. 

I'm snapped out of my thoughts as i hear Aurelio calling my name, "yeah sorry I zoned out for a minute, were you saying something?" I mutter quickly. "Yeah, if you're done, can we leave, the others are waiting at home for us" he says pointing towards my empty plate. 

"Yeah" I mutter, before I can start pushing my wheelchair, he gets up and does it for me. 

The entire ride home was awkward, both of us didn't know what to tell. The sound of the radio covered the silence. 

I look out the window, noticing the line of trees on the sidewalk, the houses, each of different color and aesthetic. 

Some with vine draped around them, some plain and simple, some having a little garden on their terrace and some really modern black and white pallet. 

I don't even turn to look at him and keep my eyes placed outside the car, until we reached the gates of a mansion. 

There were men is black suits and a earpiece covering the periphery of the house, two guards rolled down the gate as Aurelio drove in, "Good morning sir" one of the men greeted as they opened his door

There were men is black suits and a earpiece covering the periphery of the house, two guards rolled down the gate as Aurelio drove in, "Good morning sir" one of the men greeted as they opened his door. Aurelio gave a quick nod and told something to the guard before walking over and opening my door, "They'll get your stuff, mind if I carry you inside?" He asks, I quickly whispered yes under my breath, loud enough for him to hear and pull me into his arms again. 

He gives of a comforting vibe, I guess. I mean he hasn't done anything to hurt me until now, and keeps asking for my consent before doing anything. 

I feel like I can trust him, but I don't know about the others yet. But my trust issues get the best of me, maybe they're just pretending, maybe they'll just ignore my existence. 

My thoughts are interrupted as I look at the mansion in front of us, how much money do they have? 

Now I know where my mom used to get money for drugs.